Thursday, August 28, 2008

Black & White Elegance

This is a card design that popped into my head the other evening while sitting with DH watching a little TV and I instantly ran downstairs to the craftroom and starting putting it together (before I forgot what I was thinking)! You know how that is, right!!! Well, it was nearly 10 pm when I did this (we go to bed at 10 pm), so I got all the pieces together and finished it the next morning. Actually it was a good thing to "sleep on it" because that's when I got the idea to put the pop of color by using the rose stem.

The dp is by The Paper Studio and the top panel was made by using a piece of ivory cs, running it through the Cuttlebug using the Textile embossing folder, then using the Martha Stewart floral border punch. The medallion was made using my Nestabilities oval & scalloped oval diecuts. The center panel is a scrap piece of the designer paper. The sentiment is by My Sentiment Exactly and the rose is by Stamp of Excellence. I colored the roses using my SU watercolor CRAYONS and a spritz of water then cut them out with my handy swivel craft knife. I'm very pleased with the outcome of this card. What are your thoughts???

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog! I hope you enjoyed your visit!!

7 comments:

  1. Stunning card Darlene! Love all the embossing and the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful! I'm glad you were able to rush to your room and start on the design so we get to see it! And the pop of red from the rose is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunnign creation!!! Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! It's so classy and so, gosh darn pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SUCH a gorgeous card. You did a fabulous job on it. I just love this kind of look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.