Friday, August 15, 2008

Family Reunion Goodies

I just to share this with anyone who might stop by my blog today! I have our Family Reunion this weekend (it's actually ALL weekend long) and decided to make a jar of Pickled Beets & Eggs to take along. My dear husband was sweet enough to peel all the eggs for me and they were giving him a hard time ... you know those times when they just won't peel smoothly ... you have to pick off every little piece of shell. Good thing he was doing it, I'm afraid we would have ended up with a jar of Pickled Beet and Egg Salad if I had been doing it.
Anyways, while he was peeling away, I was down in the craftroom being creative and here's what I came up with. The border, chickens and egg are all from Crafty Secrets, the "kitchen classics" and "little chef" sets and I colored in the border using prisma pencils.
When my husband saw me come back into the kitchen with this jar band ... he said "really cute" and just shook his head. What do you think that meant??

2 comments:

  1. Dar, this is sweet! I love your "pickled beets and egg salad" reference! Mark gave you a compliement! How often does that happen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jar is beautiful. I remember having big jars of pickled beets & eggs in the frig as a kid. They were my favorite. Thanks for the memories Mom, and the reminders.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.