Monday, August 25, 2008

STAMPFEST



WOW ... what a great time I had this past Saturday at what I call an all day "stampfest". Friends Lana Edwards and Kris Turner in Wadsworth, OH put this together and Lana was gracious enough to open her home to us for the day!! (Lana is the lovely lady in the blue shirt and this little "onzie set" was one of her projects!)


Everyone brought "goodies" to munch on (some REALLY good stuff) then we stopped for lunch and had Papa John's Pizza! I met several new friends that I hope to be able to stamp with again ... all are very talented and sweet ladies!!! I do regret not gathering all the ladies together for one really good photo ... there are a few ladies I didn't catch in action shots and for that I am sorry!!!



There were a couple of projects I didn't get time to do (getting slow in my old age I guess) but here is the bulk of what was done. So many great projects ... sorry I can't remember WHO did WHAT exactly so I can give proper credit ... but you know who you are and you did a GREAT job!!! Each person brought a card/project for everyone to do ... some ladies brought 2-3 projects ... WHAT FUN!!!



Any of you SCSers out there will recognize the card using the "Zindorf" style of brayering. Michelle Zindorf was actually supposed to join us for this fun day of stamping ... but due to a schedule blooper, she and her friend were not able to attend! Shucks!! Maybe next time!!! Either way, in her honor, we all gave her "unique technique" a try ... I'm very happy with how mine came out!! (For those of you not familiar with Michelle, it's the blue scenic card with the moon.)


Thanks so much ladies for all the fun, food & fellowship!! Let's do it again real soon ... and you are all invited to MY house this time!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like you had a Fantastic Saturday! What fun and so many great projects! Nothing is better that a fun stamping/scraping day with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The acetate card looks fabulous...how do you write on the inside? I agree, your Zindorf card is beautiful. How jealous I am...I used to get together with lady friends and craft. Someday again I'm sure. Great projects...love the accordian style box. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Great cards. Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun! Great projects! (Looks like someone found inspiration from Cindy's acetate card here at Toyrifix!) Love the Zindorf-style card... will you be making lots more of these? I'll bet your postcards were a hit, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.