Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SCS & Color Throwdown Challenge


Hello All ... today was a VERY busy day. I had a morning hair appointment with my sister (my family is all at least 1 hour away) ... then since my daughter works a couple blocks away and today is her birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLYN! I invited her to lunch then headed on back home. (Wanted to get my challenges done before DH needed dinner - am I addicted or what!) We will be visiting her family again tomorrow evening for cake & ice cream because our grandson, Jonathan has a birthday on Friday.

SO, here is today's card for both the SCS Sketch Challenge and the Color Throwdown Challenge. Today's color combination is using the new IN COLORS from SU ... Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze & and old favorite ... Regal Rose. Since I'm not a SU demo ... I haven't purchased all the new colors yet so I had to improvise on this card. I do, however, have a sample of each of the new colors which I used to match up my papers and get as close as possible.

For the "kiwi kiss", I found a designer paper by Crafty Secrets that matched perfectly and used for the bottom panel ... the "baja breeze", I found I had cardstock that was very close and of course, I had the "regal rose". I won some blog candy recently and within that goody pack was this lovely "regal rose" SU designer paper which I used for the top portion of the sketch. The ribbon is adhesive backed and by Darice. The spray of flowers is from the sheet of Anna Griffin designer paper that I've cut from through out this past week or so and used portions of it on two other cards (got my money's worth out of that 8x8 sheet ... LOL). Now the image ... isn't she adorable!! This is another image from my $6.99 Ebay purchase of a cd holding over 1000 images from CD Shack Media. It doesn't show up very well on the photo, but I added a touch of Diamond Stickles to the flowers on the spray to give it a little sparkle. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What pretty colors! I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Darlene, love the look here, great design and wonderful use of the colors. LOVE THE FLOWERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! I love how those colors came together on your card! Happy belated Birthday, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.