Friday, October 31, 2008

Stamping Fun with a Friend!

I finally made time last evening to do some stamping with my friend Sandy. While she was compiling a beautiful Thomas Kinkade holiday gift set, I was busy jumping around from one thing and another! Here are a couple of cards I was able to get completed.
My friend Tammy (stamphappy) had some older stamps that she let her friends go through and take what we wanted and when I saw these cute little bunnies, I just had to have them. Aren't they sweet!!! After stamping the image on glossy white paper with India Ink Black, I colored it in using my inking nibs and SU inks. The framing was made using a negative I had left over from another project and the background pine paper is from a DCWV pack of 12x12 scrapbook papers. The words are from Hero Arts and I used my oval scalloped Nesties to showcase this sentiment. This card was fun and easy and I know exactly who I want to send it to!!
This next card was made for the challenge over on The Vintage Veranda site. If you like vintage, you MUST check out this site ... these ladies are awesome in their design and style. It's a new site and has LOTS to offer!
For their second challenge, they are looking for cards/projects dealing with HARVEST. Thanksgiving dinner always deals with the recent harvest in my family and when I saw this Fall cotton scrap by Crafty Secrets, I just had to have it for my card. Isn't this turkey-dude hilarious!!!
The bowl image is also by Crafty Secrets ... in their Little Chef set. I used the Fiskars postage stamp scissors for the edge on the red panel (since I don't have my SU scallop border punch yet) to mimic the edge of the "What's Cooking?" panel.
Well, that's all for today. Hubby's sitting next to me working on HIS computer for work and mentioned he's getting hungry so ... better go get something prepared!!! Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek ... ALL COMMENTS WELCOME!!! Happy Stamping My Friends!!!



8 comments:

  1. What a great friend! I love the bunny stamp too (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. My my, you have been busy! These cards are CUTER than CUTE. I wanna be Tammy's friend and go through her stash too :) When you show her the bunny card, she'll want it back. Tell her no way, indian giver! And smile real big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little bunny is too darned cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just a busy little bee aren't you - I can't believe you've done all of these - where do you get the time - I'm jealous LOL. Really, I'm glad you do because I love looking at your work - keep it up. Love those bunnies. Take Care, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun this sounds! I wish I could have been there! Love your creations w/ your new stash! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! You have been a busy girl! I love your cards! Too cute! I love the what's cooking one! Is that a "bug"?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the negative used on your bunny card! Great idea! That CS cotton scrap card is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've been busy! How sweet of Tammy to PIF her older stamps! Love the cute bunny rabbits (since they're on your card and not in my garden eating stuff). The cotton scrap looks wonderful, too - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.