Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Colorful Cardinal Christmas Card


Here is a card made to cover two different location challenges. First today's Sketch Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers and then the PCP Color Challenge over on Papercraft Planet.
I flipped the sketch in order to use this beautiful cardinal image which is in the new SU "A Cardinal Christmas" set. The color combination is one I would have NEVER put together but am really pleased at the outcome. The colors are: Riding Hood Red, Really rust, Basic Gray (or going gray) and Whisper White. The three images used on this card are all from the same set.
What do you think?? I'm really pretty happy with this card ... may have to use this layout again soon! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello ... always good to hear from you!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your nice comments. Glad you enjoyed the tutorial! What a nice blog - you're a busy lady! I really like this cardinal card of yours. Haven't even used my set yet! First your great coloring job caught my eye, then I noticed the cool triptych on the side - really nice treatment. Think I have to go check out the challenge! Happy Stamping . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene this card is stunning! I love the rich coloring. An amazing beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW! Darlene you did a fabulous job on this card. I love your design and the coloring is just beautiful. I also loved this stamp when I saw it. It is such a treat to see a cardinal at the feeder. Great job!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring, Dar! And I love that vibrant red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card. The color combo is perfect for this image. I love this image and am still tempting to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've been busy! Some great cards here Darlene. I think this one and the white Prisma on dark blue cardstock are my faves - this one's a real attention-grabber and the white/blue looks so stylish and wintery, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also using this image for my holiday cards. I like how you used it for the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and LOVE this set. Great color choices and killer layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.