Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Crafty Secrets Challenge - Thankfulness


Yesterday's challenge over on the Crafty Secrets forum on SCS was hosted by Pammyjo. Her clues on Monday were real brain teasers ... the phrase "I am truly thankful" written in four different languages ... yea, how fun was that!


Of course since I haven't used my french in over 40 years, I cheated and went to the internet and had the phrase translated. Sure was easier than trying to remember 40 years back ... heck I'm lucky to remember what I did yesterday let alone that long ago ... some of you probably know what I mean ... right!! Anyways, on to the card!!


I certainly have a LOT to be thankful for this year. We are not totally out of the woods yet, but after 1 more pet scan I'm praying that DH's cancer is GONE. We'll know the answer to that sometime in December. But after all he's been through this year, he is feeling really good right now and his double cataract surgery last week was a huge success.
My card base is duplex hunter green/ivory cs. I had a few fall colored scraps laying on my work table which I used for my background and the main image is from my Crafty Secrets Fall Cotton Scraps. The images on cotton scraps are fantastic for quick & easy cards. I've rounded just 2 of the 4 corners using my corner rounder by Creative Memories and the leaves are also made from a Creative Memories punch. The ribbon was purchased at Hobby Lobby.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to. Come back later to see what I can come up with for today's SCS sketch challenge ... should be fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Darlene!!! I am keeping you and hubby in my prayers! I am so glad to hear that he is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, great card! Beautiful colors! I have been praying for your DH and I am glad to hear he is feeling pretty good right now and I hope you have wonderful news with his next scan.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love the leaves and colors. Glad your hubby is doing better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.