Monday, November 10, 2008

Stampin' D'Amour challenge with a RAK


Kris Dickinson (parkerquilter) over on Stampin' D'Amour has posted a "Get Ready for Christmas" challenge! (Yikes! Christmas is only 45 days away!!!) Kris is giving us until Nov. 17th to make/post a card and qualify for the awsome RAK she is putting together for this challenge. How great is that!!! If you are not familiar with Kris's work, please check out her BLOG which is jam-packed full of wonderfully creative projects. I am always in AWE of her work ... such a talented artist and sweet, sweet lady!!!

Anyways, back to the challenge! All you have to do is make a card, tag or ATC following these three simple guidelines: 1) Must be a Christmas Theme ... 2) Must use RED somewhere ... and 3) Lets see some sparkle or bling. That's it! So, what are you waiting for??? Get those sparkley, red, holiday card juices flowing and "show us what's you've got!!"


Oh yea, here's my contributions to the challenge. I used the same Stampendous image on both the tag & card.

The tag is sponged using SU real red ink ... image stamped using versamark then embossed with gold sparkle ep. Edged with a gold Pilot marker ... added a couple sprigs of ribbon and ta dah ... tag!
My card is whisper white and the Christmas red cs has been bordered using a gold Pilot marker. The image was stamped with Versafine Black and embossed with clear ep. I stamped the image again on whisper white and using my swivel craft knife, cut out the baby Jesus so I could use pop dots for dimension and focus! The ribbon is Jo Ann's gold organdy and the gold gems are from Michael's.

Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello! I always LOVE hearing from you all!!

3 comments:

  1. You are so sweet Darlene! I love your work too! Thanks for playing my challenge, your card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Tag! Love the image and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!! :) Hey Darlene...I've added you to my "buddy" list so I can check up on you!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.