Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stamp Simply Celebration - Day 10

Welcome to Day 10 of Stamp Simply Celebrates! If you are new here, check out Party Central for a full rundown of our 12 day schedule. Feel free to jump in anytime at all!!!
Anyone can play ANY of the challenges by ANY of the hostesses during our 12 days of Stamp Simply Celebrates!!! You DO NOT need to have a Blog to play — uploading your project to SCS (Splitcoaststampers.com) is not only permissible, but HIGHLY ENCOURAGED. When doing so, use the KEYWORD SSC08. Thanks!

Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy - Tammy is offering BLOG CANDY today!
LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings - LeAnne also has a BLOG CANDY offering today!

Leslie Miller - Running With Scissors - Today we are treated to the beauty of Leslie's work with her Featured Project where she is showing us how to Alter Food Packaging to turn it into a wonderfully warm, cozy, and sweet gift item that anyone would love to receive!!! And it's something we can all easily do! I know you won't want to miss this, so be sure to visit Leslie today!!! You can see more great samples of Leslie's Project by: Dee, Jennifer

Joan Fricker - Joan's Garden - Joan offers us a beautiful Featured Project today — who doesn't love beautifully presented Soap and Candle Gifts! Well, especially these soaps and candles!!! And you can make your own as a part of Joan's Challenge, with inspiration from many!!! Be sure to check out this sweetly scented event! And there are many more samples of Joan's Challenge. Check out: LeAnne, Dee, AJ, Heather, Barb, Janine, Sharon, Darlene (that's me ... just scroll down)
Now, on to my sample. (You can click on any photo for a larger view) Several week's ago I found these lovely bottles of lotion at Michael's for $1 each. I picked up one of each hoping I'd come up with a project to use them. Well, Joan's challenge was just perfect and couldn't have come at a better time ... what a great holiday gift, huh!! The box was just a plain white box that I also found at Michaels for 50 cents.
Loving vintage as I do, I chose to use the vintage Christmas cotton scraps from Crafty Secrets to decorate the front. The designer paper is by Cosmo Cricket, which I purchased from my friend Tammy's store (Toyrifix) a few weeks ago. My accent paper is SU Old Olive (love this color).

In order to fill the space in the bottom of the box below the lotion bottles, I used an empty cardboard box that my 2-sided tape came in and covered it with the same dp. With a scrap of whisper white paper, I stamped the sentiment which comes from the SU "A Wish for Peace" set, distressed it and sponged around the edges before adhering. I used a large SU eyelet and grosgrain ribbon for an easy open tab. The Merry Christmas sentiment is from the SU "A Cardinal Christmas" set and I used the SU photo corner punch to make my "banner" ... added a Doodlebug Sugar Coated Brad for a little sparkle. The poinsetta in the upper corner is by Hero Arts and the "sprigs" are from the Martha Stewart branch punch. The use of Fiskar postage stamp scissors and a Creative Memories red fine tip marker help accent my Vintage Santa.
I don't do a lot of 3d projects so, I was so happy with the outcome of this little project!! I hope you like it too. Thanks for stopping by and saying HI ... it's always good to hear from you ... certainly helps to put a smile on my face!!!!
As a footnote: DH's pet scan showed that the cancer still exists and now he will begin High Dose Chemo on Friday ... next step, Stem Cell Transplant. Please pray for him!!! Thanks

8 comments:

  1. Darlene, this is just the nicest gift set! You did an awesome job on this! Sorry to hear about your DH--we will keep him in our prayers!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers and thoughts are being lifted, Dar.

    Your creation is terrifc! That Santa warms my heart! You made those three bottles fit perfectly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband and you will be in our thoughts!!
    This is a lovely gift set Darlene!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! You did a great job with this challenge...as well as all of them. You sure are creative.

    I'm praying for Pap and enlisting the help of fellow Christians to pray also. Stay strong...but feel free to lean on me if you like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your lotion box. How cute and clever. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is fantastic! I love it! I can't believe you bought this box so cheaply. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness! I would swear that beautiful box was made just specially for the lotion. It's a perfect fit. I love how you took up the extra space and made it even prettier inside in the process. What a lovely project, Darlene! Hugs and prayers for you and your husband...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This box is gorgeous, and love how you put the lotions on a "pedastal" inside. :)
    So sorry to hear about your husband. I just finished another round of chemo so in a waiting pattern until tests. I will definitely add your husband to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.