Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Crafty Secrets "Sentiment" Challenge


This week's challenge over on the Crafty Secrets forum of SCS is hosted by Marcy (kiddielitter) and Marcy has challenged us to use "sentiments" as our main panel on our card/project. Being a little short on crafting time, I turned to my images from the Crafty Secrets Booklets and found this lovely "girlfriends" based image from the Girlfriends Images & Journal Notes Booklet. The "girlfriend" sentiment is from the Crafty Secrets "glamour girls" large stamp set.
I recently purchased the Martha Stewart Arch Trellis border punch and love how it looks with this Crafty Secrets Radiant designer paper. This luscious ribbon is by May Arts and was purchased from one of my favorite LSS called Toyrifix and is managed by my friend ... Tammy Hershberger (stamphappy). If you are in the NE Ohio (Smithville) area ... you really need to stop by this little shop ... Tammy packs a lot of great stuff into a small space!!!
It's a bit difficult to see, but I used liquid pearls to accent her pearl necklace and earing. I've also used Mark Richards half pearls in the upper right corner of the dp as well as to "dot the I's" on my girlfriend sentiment. I've used the Nestabilities Scallop Rectangle diecuts for the matting on my image and added dots with a white Gelly Roll pen. The faux stitching was created with a fine tip black marker from Creative Memories.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you all a WONDERFUL fun-filled day!! Hope the sun is shining where you are today ... it's a bit gloomy here in NE Ohio ... oh well, better says are ahead!!
Update: Mark's numbers are climbing and that's a good thing ... that means his body has begun taking over again and creating a new immune system. Although that will take some time (1 year to get to 100%) at least it has accepted the new cells and doing what it's supposed to be doing. On the flip side of that good news is the bad news that he will remain in the hospital again today due to the excessive diarrhea he has from the C-dif infection and from coming off the pain meds. Needless to say, he is NOT a happy camper ... he wants to go home in the worst kind of way! Maybe tomorrow ... we'll keep our fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute card, Dar! I love the colors and all the pearl accents! (Thanks for the free advertising, too!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.