Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to Mark!!


Today is my dear, sweet husband's birthday. It's unfortunate that he had to spend both Easter and his birthday here at the Cleveland Clinic ... but if they make him "all better," he'll have several more Easters and Birthdays to celebrate!!!



Besides bringing him in some festive balloons, greeting cards he'd received in the mail and a piece of cake with lots of icing on it from the 2 little girls next door, I made him this card.
I told him that when he was "all better" we would either hit the beach (hence the water background paper) or venture out to someplace quiet and serene and watch the sunset. My scene was made using various Stampscapes images and colored in with SU watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I just bought this birthday sentiment stamp at the Adventures in Stamping convention yesterday but forgot to look and see who the mfg. was ... oops sorry!!
NOW HERE'S SOME REALLY GOOD NEWS!
Mark's numbers are bumping up quite well (as expected) and they told him that if he starts getting up moving around more and can start getting more fluids in on his own, he might be able to get out of here by mid week!!! How great would that be!! They've taken him off all IV's with the exception of the fluids and the Flagel for the C-dif infection he has. He was actually able to eat a popsicle and then a small portion of Mac 'n Cheese today. That's the first solids he's had in 7 days! Things are starting to look up and I'm hoping tomorrow is twice as good as today.
Yes ... Prayers are being answered!!! Thank you all for your well wishes & prayers. I will update you in a couple of days as to when "departure" day may actually be!!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Mark a day belated. Wow what great news on his progress. I will keep those prayers going and hope for his release from the hospital very soon. Best wishes, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous scene you created and a perfect 'man' card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful good news about Mark! Happy belated birthday to him! I love your card! That scene is just lovely and a nice way to bring the outdoors in for him. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about Mark! I'm thanking God for answered prayers. This is a perfect card and sentiment for his birthday. My son spent his 18th b-day in the hospital, and it's one we will never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great news Darlene! So glad Mark is doing so much better. Your card is very beautiful too. ((HUGS)) - Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is terrific news Darlene. I bet he loved your card. I am so glad that things are progressing. You must be so excited about getting closer to going home. Good luck and prayers to you both..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear Mark is feeling better - Happy Birthday to him even though I'm very late!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to that dear man! I am so glad to hear that he is doing better and eating and everything!!!! That is fantastic news! I think about you both all the time......and you are always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.