Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Color Throwdown #42

YIPPEE ... I've been asked to be this week's Guest Designer on the Color Throwdown. How cool is that and the colors for this week are awesome. What an honor!!!! If you have not tried this challenge yet ... you really must stop over and play along ... these ladies come up with some fascinating color combos and the samples are amazing!!! You'll find inspiration for sure!!!
Now, for the details on my card. The base card is Basic Black ... 2nd panel is Tempting Turquoise with a strip of So Saffron which as been punched with the Martha Stewart Floral Border attached to the bottom. The 3rd panel is designer paper from the DCWV Old World pack which I have overstamped using one of the Crafty Secrets Flourish stamps in Versafine Black. My main image is from a Crafty Secrets Flowers Cotton Scrap which I have triple matted with today's three colors. The little sentiment on the top left corner is from Amuse and has been stamped with Versafine Black and clear embossed. My satin ribbons are fro Hobby Lobby and the black organza is by Darice. The only additional embellishments are the two buttons on he bottom right corner which I have stacked and are from Buckets of Buttons.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have found inspiration in my work!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Darlene, no one could be more deserving. The colors on this card are a real wow!! Love the black ribbon mixed with the so saffron, the button treatment is so cute and of course I love the image. Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I just love the color combo. Sorry I've been MIA, I picked up some extra shifts at work. Thanks so much for the AWARD too! Its greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Darlene! Your challenges are always great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely Dar! Beautiful image you used here and I love the button accent! Great having you with us this week and look forward to all of your weekly creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, your card is absolutely awesome!!! I adore that Cotton Scrap of the sunflower and you've showcased it beautifully!!! Thanks for agreeing to be our Guest Designer!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.