Thursday, May 28, 2009

Remembering my DAD ...


Have you been over to the SOA website yet??? It only costs you the minimum of $5.00 to join (see blinkie on my sidebar) and the proceeds go for such a wonderful cause. You have until Sunday the 31st to enter the challenges for some great fun and awesome prizes!!!




One of the challenges on the SOA site is by Kitchen Sink Stamps and they are all about "Remembering someone you love" by creating a card, project or scrapbook page ...

• remembering a loved one who is far away
• remembering someone you love depicted at a younger age
• in memory of someone you love



As soon as I saw this challenge, I immediately thought of my father ... especially with Memorial Day just passing last weekend!! My Dad has been gone for 20 years now (hard to believe) and there are so many things that I see or that happen to make him pop back into my mind!! As you can see my Dad was a military man and he served in WWII.
I combined the Kitchen Sink challenge with another challenge called All In One Challenge where you are to use:
  • 1 color,
  • 1 stamp,
  • 1 embellishment, and
  • 1 ribbon

My color is green .... stamp is "Remember" (stamped on his hat) by Crafty Secrets .... embellishment is a military button and .... ribbon is old olive grosgrain by Stampin' Up.

Recipe for Card:

Stamp: Crafty Secrets (mini memories)

Paper: Very Vanilla, Olive Drab, Basic Grey (boxer) designer paper

Ink: Versafine Sepia

Accessories: Nestabilities (labels two), military button, SU grosgrain ribbon, Creative Memories letter stickers

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea to put your dad's picture on a card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!!! Amazing how much John looks like him, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job - how creative you have my wheels turning!!! thanks for the inspiration : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.