Monday, June 15, 2009

Old Friends ...

With DH in the hospital, I'm having to combine challenges in order to get them all completed.


This card covers two different challenges. First is the stampTV Technique Challenge (Polished Stone). Gina K does a very nice video on this technique over on her stampTV website, please check it out!! Also, the sketch is for the Sketch Something Challenge over on the Stamp Something Blog.



It has been AGES since I've played with my alcohol inks and I'm always thrilled with the outcome. Here I have used Stream, Denim & Pearl Mixative onto glossy white paper. A little hint when working with alcohol inks ... with them being a bit messy, and the fact that you can never exactly duplicate the outcome, use at least a 5x8 piece of glossy white when creating and you'll have enough for more than one card creation.


I have stamped this retired SU "Sketches" image directly onto the finished Polish Stone background paper then embossed using Detail Clear Embossing Powder. A White Gelly Roll pen was used to make highlights on the seagulls and water. I also used that same gelly roll pen to make dots on the scallop edge of my Nestabilities matting. I used the SU scallop edge punch on my "ribbon panel" and if you look closely, you will see I have also made dots using a Creative Memories fine tip black marker. My base card is Tempting Turquoise and the designer paper is from the DCWV Garden Party pack. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and the black pearl is by Martha Stewart. The sentiment is actually from the GinaK Baskets of Happiness Easter stamp set.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I have one more card to share with you today so I'll be back later with that. Hope I'm not overwhelming you with creations ... with DH in the hospital I don't sleep very well ... so what better to do than make cards! You understand I'm sure!! Have a wonderful day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this technique too! You did an awesome job with it, great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.