Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cards to Share ...


With DH not feeling well today and all of our company headed back home, I took the time to do a little cleanup in my craftroom and make a few cards while I was at it!!




I've started doing a Crafty Secrets Challenge over on Papercraft Planet every Sunday and nearly forgot about doing one for this weekend ... Oooops! Since we are already into the month of July ... I figured why not do a "Christmas In July" challege. I just LOVE this Vintage Christmas set by Crafty Secrets and so that's what I chose to use for my challenge sample creation.


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Crafty Secrets
Papers: Whisper White, Crafty Secrets Radiant dp, Basic Grey dp
Inks: Versafine Black, Real Red
Accessories: Offray grosgrain ribbon, Nestabilities, sponge applicator, Mary Engelbreit Rose Corner punch, EK Success snowflake punch, gold & red Stickles, SU eyelet border punch.

**************

Here are a couple other creations I came up with while trying to reduce the size of the "scrap" pile on my worktable!!!



I've used a scrap piece of DCWV (I think) designer paper to stamp my images on to create this scene and the base card is of SU Pacific Point. The images I have used are primarily Stampscapes - (Lakeside Cabin, Rocky Peaks, Oak Branch & Scenic Sentiments #4). The "eagle" is by Art Impressions. After stamping the cabin image, I masked it off using "Eclipse Masking" then continued to overstamp with the mountains and tree branch. Once all stamped I embossed using detail clear embossing powder and colored using SU watercolor pencils & blender pen. I'm really happy with the outcome!


For this sympathy card I used a rose patterned scrap piece of DCWV designer paper for my background on my river rock card base. The sentiment is by Stampin' Up and is called "Thoughts & Prayers". After stamping the image using wild wasabi ink and the sentiment using Versafine black ink, I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the rectangular Nestabilities and before removing it from the die, sponged the edges using rose romance ink. The rose colored organza ribbon was also a scrap piece I had close by. I really like how the distressed edges of the background panel really sets off the main image.



I hope you have enjoyed my creations today as much as I enjoyed making them!! And how wonderful is it that I was able to use up MORE scraps than I CREATED!! LOL!! Happy Day Everyone ... hope to see you back here again tomorrow ... GOD WILLING!!!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Darlene. I love how you stamped your scene on designer paper on the second one, and I love how sweet and touching the sympathy card is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..they are all beautiful! Love them all---great job! (I esp love the stampscapes one --really turned out beautifully!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear Mark is not feeling well - hope that improves soon. I love your Chirstmas in July card, the papers, the image, the colors - all very pretty. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Dar! I LOVE the pink one with all the scallops the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.