Thursday, July 30, 2009

Clear Dollar Stamps Guest Designer Challenge



{{Breathing heavy ...}} I'm hurrying to get in under the wire for the August Guest Designer Challege going on over at the Clear Dollar Stamp Blog ... deadline is tomorrow, July 31. The challenge for the August spot is a sketch challenge seen below.






I was sure I had a few Clear Dollar sets in amongst all my clear stamps but do you think I could see any .... NO!! So even though it would have been better to help support my efforts, I had to resort back to other stamps for my creation. I decided to make a legal size card (4" x 9") for my card.



I've used stamp sets from Stampin' Up (Thoughts & Prayers ... Wonderful Words II) and the bird image is from Inkadinkado. My base card is of Very Vanilla and the background is SU Rose Red designer paper. With this designer paper being double sided, I used the reverse side for my 3 individual panels. My main sentiment panel was cut using my Nestabilities oval & oval scallop diecuts. I've stamped the floral pattern with rose red ink the overlayed my sentiment using Versafine black and embossed using detail clear embossing powder. The little bird was also stamped with Versafine black. The 3 individual panels have been matted with basic black cardstock, stamped with Versafine black ink and embellished with Colorbok metal dots.



I hope you like today's creation. Wish me luck and thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope to see you later in the day with a couple more creations! Happy Stamping!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, I love the colors! Good luck, I think it's a winner ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty! Elegant colors and precision execution of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.