Monday, December 7, 2009

Having Fun ...

... with images from Creations by Penny! As I told you in an earlier post, Penny has started a NEW DIGI SHOPPE and when she asked me (and a few other ladies) to help her out with some sample cards ... I was more than happy to lend her a hand!!

It was very easy to create a card around this wonderful digi sentiment. So many times we find ourselves in stressful life situations and a card like this just might be what is needed to help us "reassess" and move on! In fact I have a friend going through some "stuff" right now ... I think I'll pop this in the mail to her today! If nothing else, hopefully just knowing that someone cares will be enough to help her get through the day!!
This Basic Grey Junebug paper was just perfect for this uplifting creation! I used my SU slit punch for the corners and the SU word window punch for the ribbon slots. My bright yellow satin ribbon is Offray and worked perfectly for this creation. Pretty EASY-PEASY card actually!! Why not pop on over to Penny's SHOPPE and grab yourself this digi sentiment ... I'm sure you know someone that is in need of a "pick me up" card! Penny's running a GRAND OPENING SPECIAL right now too ... perfect timing!!

How about these cuties!! Actually it's ONE image called Flower Girl which I have printed twice. I've paper pieced the outfit and added "lips" to the one hoping to achieve the look of a COUPLE. The papers I've used on this card are from The Paper Studio and K&Co., along with white and red cardstock. My sentiment is from the Crafty Secrets Christmas Joy set and the ribbon is from Michael's. I've used a Fiskar's Swivel Craft Knife to cut out my images, Prismacolor Markers for coloring and Nestabilities for my sentiment panel. A little sponging of red was done before removing my sentiment from the Nestabilities Decal Rectangle die.
I hope you enjoy these creations and are inspired in some manner by them! Here's hoping you have a wonderful day! I'm headed out to do a little Christmas Shopping ... wish me luck!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene!! Love your cards today!! Have a good one!! We have snow today! Looking alot like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute cards Darlene! I love the sentiment on the lemonade card..so true. And I love the darling images of the second card. What cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet these cards are, Darlene! THanks for hosting over at SCS this week--I've actually got it! I'll try to get something done later today...

    Good luck with your shopping! Hope you have lots of fun doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Darlene, both are too cute! You did a fabulous job on these, great colors and I really need to take a stab at more digi's...I've only used them a coupla times : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are GREAT Darlene...LOVE that ribbon treatment on the first one!!! AWESOME creations girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun set of cards and great choice of papers! kxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.