Thursday, August 19, 2010

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #67

WOW what a busy week!!!  Yikes!!  Well I might be late, but I wasn't about to miss this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!  Oh, Oh, Oh ... did you see I won a "Remarkables Award" for last weeks entry???  How cool is that!!

This week's sketch is another beauty!!  And I went with the "fancy" version!  My beautiful digi image is from my Scottish friend, Teri Sherman (Delicious Doodles) and I think red is the perfect color to go with Black/White!  What do you think??
 (click image to enlarge)
 I was watching my favorite dancing show (So You Think You Can Dance) that I had DVR'd when I was thinking about creating this card and they were doing the "waltz" ... hence my main image choice!!  

The designer paper is from the DCWV LeCreme and the right side panel is flocked which really adds a nice dimension to this card.  I have used gold Stickles to border the entire card as well as adding Stickles to the center of the ribbon slide. (see closeup)

****
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  It has been a GREAT crafting day for me!  Three of my cousins and two of their friends came up today for a card class and we had an AWESOME time!!  They really enjoyed learning and I really enjoyed the lunch they brought with them!  Homemade Stuffed Pepper soup (peppers from the garden), homemade tuna salad, homemade cheese-beer bread along with several other types of bread, fresh fruit, garden tomatoes!  WOW what a spread ... perfect payment in my mind!!  LOL!!
Please stop back later when I will have my Crafty Secrets creation to share with you!  Challenge this week ... "brown bag" ... hmmmmm!


Hugs to you all,
Darlene

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Darlene! Very elegant colors to go with your dancers! Hope you're having a wonderful day, my friend!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous!!!!! i just love a good silhouette!!!!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene-holy smokes what a beauty. I love this silhouette. It is magnificent against the black and white with just a hint of red. What an enchanting card! Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene what a elegant card! Love the colors and embellishments. Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness!
    Denise
    mmdt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Darlene! Red, white & black is one of my favorite combinations! I love your wonderful design. Congratulation on the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the card hun - I have used the same image for mine this week. Great minds think alike huh?!! LOL
    Congrats on the award too!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made the right choice of combining red with black and white. The result is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOWEEE I LOVE this color combo..such a GORGEOUS card Darlene and awesome image!!!! Have a GREAT Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene - this is just gorgeous! I love that image and you have used it beautifully! Great Dp's!! This is totally DELISH - followed closely by your YUMBLY lunch! LOL! Love it. Thanks for being part of the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see you.....and hope to see you next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh Girl Yum!! Would make a perfect wedding/anniversary card! Reminds me of our prom colors! LOL (yes from many moons ago)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene, you danced this card to the ultimate this week! I LOVE your silhouette images along with your choice of colors, dp and ribbon. The touches of red really pop!! Gorgeous work!

    Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and I hope you can share your talent with us again next week!!

    Hugs
    pam
    MMSC-GD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Darlene!! What a BEUTIFUL card!! The color combo along with the image look so elegant! Thank you for playing with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. We hope to see you again next week!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Darlene, it amazes me that you can create these stunning cards so quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.