Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gifts COMING and GOING . . .

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Remember the other day when I posted about the awesome Cookie Exchange I participated in with my daughter & friends ... well, I forgot to show you the preparation it took on my end (with hubby's help) to get my TWELVE packages ready for the ladies. 


My husband, Mark, is amazing in the kitchen and is always willing to help me when I get involved in anything involving cooking!  So, making multiple batches of peanut butter fudge was no challenge for him.   And after making those multiple batches, he also helped me package them for the upcoming exchange.  This is the BEST peanut butter fudge ... would you like the recipe?  Here ya go ...

Peanut Butter Fudge
2 cups white sugar and 1/2 cup milk
Boil until soft ball stage ... 
Remove from heat and add:
1 Tblsp. margarine
2 cups peanut butter
7 oz. marshmallow creme
Mix well ... spread in greased 9 x 9 (or 8x8) pan

Half of the End Result:

 * * * * * * *
Now I have a real treat to share with you and I only wish you could see this beautiful product in real life ... it's GORGEOUS!!

This is HOMEMADE LACE!  That's right!  I met a lady last summer at a 'Ladies Tea' put on by the Historical Society (back home in PA).  Her name is Karen and she was demonstrating how you 'tatter' lace and she is AMAZING!  To make a long story short ... she is a friend of my cousin, Beverly's and when Bev & a few other cousins came for a 'card class' during the summer ... Karen came along.  She had such a good time and as a thank you she made me some beautiful lace pieces that I could use on my vintage creations.  Unfortunately, she didn't have them packaged well enough and they were destroyed in the mail ... all I received was the front of the envelope!  I was so saddened by this even and I just had to call to let her know that even though I didn't receive her wonderful works of art I appreciated her efforts!  WELL ... I received a package this week and this is what was inside.  You can click on the image to enlarge the photo and take a closer look ... and look at this one ... it is AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS!   She has certainly perfected this lost art and I can tell you that I was in total 'awe' of her when I saw how she made some of these beautiful pieces!  I think it's just wonderful that she shared her talents with us and spread the word about this amazing art.   

Isn't it  wonderful to meet new people and experience new crafts!  I'm so thrilled to have these beautiful pieces of lace that Karen made with her own hands and from the goodness of her heart!  I will treasure them always!    

Thanks for letting me share with you today!  I look forward to learning & being inspired by you as well!  Happy Day Everyone!

Darlene

4 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful, she's really good and awesome lace! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene-Great post! Love the tutorial! :)

    Happy Holidays!

    -pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the pieces are amazing but that purple one is BREATHTAKING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWWEEE Darlene what a FABBY post!!! That lace is GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks for sharing this girly!!! Hope you are staying warm...brrrrrrr....hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.