Monday, April 18, 2011

Marvelous Monday's at Shelly's Images

Well, here we are at MONDAY again ... boy those weekends sure fly!!

Today I have EXCITING news to share with you!  Shelly of Shelly's Images has invited me to be a part of her design team!  I met Shelly over on CDAC and her images and her group are just so much fun  ... how could I say no!!  I'm not an OFFICIAL TEAM MEMBER until May 1st but what the heck ... I like getting an early start!  So ... here we go!

 Every Monday over on Shelly's Images Blog, a new image is showcased and on SALE for a limited time.  This event is called Marvelous Mondays!  You'll certainly want to check that out!!  Today we are showcasing the adorable 'Duckling' image and here is my creation . . .

 (click image to enlarge)

 Isn't he just the cutest with the bow around his neck ... all ready for the Easter Parade!!  I actually used all scraps to create this card.  I've been working on Tissue Box Covers lately so have a huge pile of left over dp ... which worked out perfectly here!  My coloring was done with Prismacolor markers for the Duckling and chalks for the sky & grass.  My only embellishments are Kaiser pearls and Michael's yellow satin ribbon.


Please be sure to check out the awesome inspirational creations over on Shelly's Image Blog from the design team ... they are amazing!  I've also listed these lovely ladies on my Design Team Members Page located under the header of my blog.  

 AND, this week we are thrilled to have Cheryl - She Stamps by Cheryl as our Guest Designer.  You'll want to pop over to her blog ... a VERY CREATIVE LADY!!!

Just so you  know ... Besides MARVELOUS MONDAYS, there is also TECHNIQUE TUESDAYS and the TERRIFICALLY THRILLING THURSDAY CHALLENGE available on the blog.  Please come join in the fun ... I'll be looking for you!

(Don't forget to check out my SPRINGTIME BLOG CANDY going on now through Memorial Day ... you won't want to miss this one!)

Thanks for stopping!!
Hugs,
Darlene

11 comments:

  1. We are sooooo happy that you joined us. I thought that if I begged long enough you might join us. ;)

    Thanks for jumping right in and creating a wonderful project for today. I LOVE your card and love that he uses all the leftovers.

    I am so excited about the new term!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new DT appointment! I sure do like this adorable ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Darlene! My goodness, you're busy, my friend! Adorable card--defintely ready for an Easter parade!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day...has Spring finally arrived for you???

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! You are so enthusiastic and welcoming even though you are a newbie too! I'm really looking forward to working with you and all the other ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!!! She's the lucky one getting you and all your talent! Cute image and awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable ! I love the colors you used. Thank you for the shout out on your blog too.

    Have a fabulous week!



    ~Cheryl~


    **Check out my Meljen’s Designs blog candy!**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Darlene, I'm so glad you joined the team, it's wonderfull to have you with us, and you hopped in right away with this lovely Duckling, love your colour and the ribbons you used.

    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww what a cute, fun and colourful card, love that duck and congrats on your new DT post :) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, your card is fabulous. I love the colors and layout. Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, Darlene! Love the way you used the ribbon. I'm so happy to have you with us on the Shelly's Images DT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.