Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summertime Fun . . .

. . . at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.  That's right ... we are celebrating the onset of SUMMERTIME and we hope you'll come join in the fun!
 (detail close-up)

As a young girl, my sister's and I spent countless hours swinging and see-sawing in the playground our father had created for us.  Our swings were made from the trees in our woods that my father cut down, stripped and connected together with 3 rope swings.  That swing had to be 15 feet high and you could swing W-A-Y out into the sky!  (I can't believe we didn't get hurt, now that I look back!) But that's life in the country and you played as hard as you worked!
(click on image to enlarge)


Today's challenge sponsor is Whiff of Joy. 
Please check the PPCC blog for all winner details.

Details for my creation are as follows:
Stamps:  Elisabeth Bell (Rope Swing) Sugar Nellies, Art Impressions (sentiment)
Papers: Paper Pizazz dp, white, black, pink & lavender card stock 
Ink:  Versafine black
Accessories:  Offray lavender grosgrain ribbon, Spellbinder classic & scallop oval dies, Martha Stewart lacy butterfly punch, Kaiser pearls, Bow Easy, Deco Art Glamour Dust, Fiskars scallop border punch

Thanks so much for your visit and comments.  I appreciate both!  Enjoy your day ... in whatever you do!

Hugs,
Darlene

3 comments:

  1. So very cute. I love how you did the ribbon, I have to remember to copy it sometime ;o) My favorite in the park was the swing too. The sky was the only limit, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Darlene!! I used to LOVE to swing when I was little...Heck, who am I kidding, I still do! =0)

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opsssss so cute Darlene,,,,,i really love how you use colors here,,,,,,,they are vibrant ,,,hurra for Darlene,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.