Sunday, June 12, 2011

A "Challenging" Challenge at Joan's Gardens

Happy Sunday Evening Everyone!

I just wanted to share with you this evening a creation that was certainly OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE!!!  Each week throughout the summer, Joan & Selma at Joan's Gardens have decided to have Guest Designers who will challenge you to a project which entails a new technique, tutorial or template.

Last week Glenda Brooks challenged us to make our own designer paper & flowers to cover a box ... remember my creation ...

Well, I'm THRILLED to say I was the winner of this challenge!  Thanks so much ladies!

THIS WEEK ... the Guest Designer over at Joan's Gardens is Sue Walsh and she has provided a template and inspiration to make a beautiful 'Heartshaped Basket'.  Now mind you ... mine's not quite as elegant as Sue's ... but I think it came out 'kind of cute'!!  What do you think??  

 (click on image to enlarge)

 After printing out the template, I wasn't happy with the printer marks that were still showing, so before putting the heart together, I cut out 2 Pink panels ... one for the inside and one for the outside of my basket.  I used the Spellbinder Scallop Heart Dies for my BACK panel as well as the front smaller panel.  By cutting a gold paper doily in half, I was able to add a lacy look to the backing.


(closeup)

The homemade flowers on the front were extras I had laying on my work table.  I learned to make these during one of Joan's workshops and they were just perfect for this project.  They are made from vellum and the butterfly is a MS punch which was then 'sparkled up' using 2-way glue and Deco Art Glamour Dust.  The leaves were created with the MS frond punch and I've curled the leaves for dimension.  The pink satin ribbon is May Arts.

I must admit ... these past two challenges have certainly taken me more time ... but I'm so happy to be able to try something NEW and CHALLENGE myself!!  Why not come join in the fun and maybe learn a few new tricks along the way!

Have a wonderful week!
Darlene

5 comments:

  1. so happy to hear that your hubby is doing better, although I am sorry y'all had to go through everything. will continue to pray for things to continue on the upward path! :)

    what a beautiful creation this is! you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, what a beauty. Great colors and your flowers are so pretty.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for this week's Challenge. I am glad we are taking you out of your comfort zone and that you are learning something new.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene,
    Congratulations for winning last weeks challenge your box was beautiful! I love todays heart too very colorful and delicate looking. I just finished my heart too, now to get it photographed etc
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win!!! Loved your project and you've made a wonderful job with the heart template! Those flowers are delish ....thanks for joining in and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Darlene,,,,,,your paper is really stunning,,,, OMG,,,,hurra,,,,,,,,hip hip,,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.