Saturday, August 6, 2011

Looks Like Rain ...

here in N.E. Ohio today, so it's a good time to hang out in my 'cave' and while I'm here, I'd like to share with you a few creations I've made the past couple of days.

Tuesday is always Crafty Secrets Challenge day over at SplitcoastStampers and lately, it's the end of the week before I actually get around to creating my card.  This week, LoriLynn (aka Lucy) has stated that 'Wrinkles are Wonderful'!  Not on our faces mind you ... but in our paper crafting.  So along with any of our Crafty Secrets / Heartwarming Vintage Products, we were to create with WRINKLES in mind.  Here's what I came up with . . .

(click on image to enlarge)
Here I have used images from the Crafty Secrets 'Birds at Home' stamp set along with Crafty Secrets 'Earthy' designer paper to create this fun card.  My flowers were made using the PunchBunch Dahlia punch and the PunchBunch Flower Making Kit (purchased at Joans Gardens).  The smaller flower was cut from the Tim Holtz floral die, 'wrinkled' and colored in the same manner.

Product used:
Stamps:  Crafty Secrets 'Birds at Home' stamps set, sentiment stamp from Woodward USA.com
Papers:  White cs, CS Earthy dp, old olive cs, more mustard cs, black cs
Ink:  Versafine Black, More Mustard, Tim Holtz Tea Dye
Accessories: Zutter Distress-it-all, PunchBunch Dahlia die, PunchBunch Big Sky punch, Cheery Lynn B119 "tropical leaves" dies, Martha Stewart bird punch
* * * * *
NEXT I'd like to share with you two cards I made with some of the latest images offered by Ignacio at Nicecrane Designs.


 (click on image to enlarge)
This image comes from the "A Child's Garden of Verses" digi set which can be found HERE.  I have used Prismacolor markers for my coloring and Spellbinder classic & scallop circles for my cut/matting.  The background paper is Basic Grey 'Marrakech paper pack'. The corner dots are created with Black Stickles and the green organza ribbon is from Michaels.
Another fun group of images is called 'Queen Silver - Bell' and can be purchased HERE.  While you are checking out these two new sets ... don't stop there!  Ignacio has been working up a storm to create new images & papers for your crafting needs!  I swear ... the man NEVER sleeps!!

Here is my card using one of fun images from this Queen Silver Bell set.  The background papers are from the DCWV Latte matstack and again I have colored my image with Prismacolor Markers.  The sticker letters are by Stickabilities ... butterfly punch by Martha Stewart ... purple glitter by Stickles  ... and the flower was in my stash (Prima I think).



I have shared this close up of the mirror (below) so you can see I used SU Crystal Effects to give it some dimension.  That is always a fun technique to use on anything like mirrors or water.



I hope you have enjoyed my cards today.  I find so much inspiration from all the other crafters out here in blogland ... I just hope a few of you find inspiration from my work as well!  Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon!

Hugs,
Darlene

2 comments:

  1. Love your creations so beautiful & detailed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards- I wish I was retired and could play with all of the great stamps- there are so many new companies- love the images this company has and love your colors and the effect on the mirror.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.