Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Round #6 at the CDAC . . .

 . . . Progressive Challenge and what fabulous digi images we once again have to play with!  If you are new to my blog,  CDAC (Crafter's Digital Art Center) is obviously a site ALL ABOUT DIGITAL IMAGES and they have some fabulous fun & challenges you'll want to be a part of!  Currently we are in the 6th round in the progressive challenge and it's NOT to late to get involved ... click HERE for all the details.

I have used THREE of the FIVE digis offered to the past players.  Hopefully I'll find time to get the other two images colored and turned into cards before the deadline. 

 This first card utilizes an adorable digi image from Designed 2 Delight.  I have used a scrap piece of holiday paper for the background and my coloring was done with chalks and Prismacolor markers.  The snowflakes are Martha Stewart ... the sentiment is Inkadinkado and the ovals were cut using my Creative Memories cutting system.  A touch of sparkle was added using quickie glue and DecoArt Glamour Dust. 
 
 For my second creation, I have kept it simple to showcase these beautiful candles from Daisy Doodles.  After coloring them with Whispers & Prismacolor markers, I used my swivel craft knife to cut them out.  This card is 6x6 and I've simply used a piece of last year's Graphic45 Christmas 8x8 paper for the background.  A little trimming was done to create the top card shape and the lower border was cut from the same piece of designer paper.  These beautiful candles were also popped up using dimensional tape.
 
There's NO PLACE LIKE HOME when the holidays come around and that was my first thought when I began creating with this sweet digi from Ginger Loft.  My coloring was done with chalks with the exception of the trees/bushes which were colored with a Prismacolor marker.  The gingham ribbon is from Michaels and the birds are a Martha Stewart punch.  I have rounded the top corners using my Creative Memories corner rounder ... just for a little different affect.  And the holiday verse if from the SU  'Home for Christmas' stamp set.  Hope you like it.

The annual craft show is coming up this coming Saturday and I'm not sure I'm ready!  Guess I'd better get off the computer and FIGURE IT OUT!  LOL!!  Thanks so much for stopping by and PLEASE ... come check out CDAC and join in our fun!!  Hope to see you there!!

Hugs,
Darlene

4 comments:

  1. Ooh Darlene, your polar bear is just yummy! I love the colors and he's so cute!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - such a gorgeous job on all these cards! Im impressed and newly inspired! Thanks for all the creativity you have put into your work.
    hugs,
    JoyceAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, I just love all of your creations for The CDAC Progressive Challenge!

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene your cards are wonderful, I hope you enjoyed using the images

    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    Mandy (CDAC PC DT Member)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.