Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kids can be "SO CUTE"

Hello my friends!  
I just have to share with you the little 'surprise' I received from the two little neighbor girls last evening.  They are Olivia (age 9) & Emily (age 7) and I just ADORE them.  
Is this AWESOME or WHAT!!!
And, how sweet of the girls to think of me!
I was in my crafting cave and Mark was napping on the couch when I heard the door bell ring twice real quick!  I went up to see who was at the door and found this beautiful May Day Victorian Cone filled with candy, tissue paper and a live Pink Dogwood Branch!
The girls had spent the day with their 'Grandma Lou' and this is what they created. (Obviously Grandma Lou is a very crafty lady.)  I just LOVE the pink dogwood!  That is something we don't have in our yard but I think we might be looking into adding some in the near future!

While I have your attention ... LOL ... I may as well show you a few cards I've been working on.  I've decided to do several different versions of 'fancy fold' cards for the local craft show I participate in come Fall.  I will be making Three Fold, Double Dutch, Z-Fold, Joy Fold, Diamond Fold, Gate Fold  ... AND ... Tri-Shutter Fold cards.  Here are a couple of the Tri-Shutters I have ready.


The stamp sets used on this creation are from "Our Daily Bread".  They are "The Almighty Sea" and "Anchor".  


The designer paper on this card is 'Disney' by Sandy Lion and the puffy stickers are 'Disney' by EK Success.  I think this card will be a huge hit ... not just because it's Mickey ... but the fancy fold makes it EXTRA SPECIAL in my mind!

Well, I have several DT projects needing done today ... so, I'd better GET BUSY!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a JOYOUS day!
HUGS,
Darlene

5 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Where do I begin? First...the May Basket (cone) is just too cute! How sweet of the girls to run it over. I am sure they were so excited to give it to you.
    I love these z-fold cards! I was skyping with you when you were creating them, but seeing them here in these posts gives even more detail to them. GREAT work! Oooh...and thanks so much for the bow easy lesson. ;) I am nearly a pro now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw that was such a lovely thing to do for you ..they must like you loads..and that in its self must warm your heart... it was certainly a beautiful gift ...all those cards are just brilliant really a pleasure to visit you hunnie a great read and some fab creations to view..hugs sassxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh bless,them what a lovely and kind,thing to do,bless there hearts they are such beautiful flowers.
    as for your,tri fold cards Hun they are simply stunning,and such,super attention to detail hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene - I love your tri-shutter cards, and what a nice surprise from your neighbor's little ones!!
    Sandi ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun surprise from your little friends!! And your cards are wonderful! I have never made one of these before but it looks like a lot of love goes into one of these - who wouldn't want one : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.