Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Visiting with Shelly

Good Morning Everyone!
It's early morning here in Topeka, Kansas and I am on the last full day of my visit here with Shelly Parker (Shelly's Images) and I'm having such a fabulous time.  Shelly and her family have been so wonderful to me! She is such a sweet lady and amazing hostess!

Although I haven't had my coffee yet, I wanted to share with you the fun we had yesterday!

We spent the day working on printing, cutting and creating embellishments that she can sell at her upcoming crafting show.  (That is what prompted this visit ... we were Skyping and I commented that I wish I lived closer so I could come help her and she said "well jump on a plane and come on over"!  AND, here I am.)  While she spent time hand coloring, resizing and printing some of her images, 

(yes ... she works on two computers at the same time!  Now that's some serious multitasking!))
 
I was cutting them out and matting them so they could be priced & packaged for display/sale at the show.
Here are some of the images we worked with yesterday . . .
After lunch outside on the deck, she gave me a little tour of their beautiful backyard.  They have worked very hard over the past several years relandscaping their backyard into a peaceful haven ... complete with a gorgeous pond, 
 

complete with coy fish
swimming pool (pool is covered for the winter so I didn't take a photo),  but check out this pool house complete with it's own WATER SPRAYING E ELEPHANT and 
beautiful flowers & seating areas all around.

Not sure what we are up to today but I'm sure it will involve crafting!  LOL!
I know she wants to get COPICS in my hands (she's such an enabler ... LOL) and there are some things on the computer I would like her to show me how to do ... so I'm sure we can find something to keep us out of trouble.

OKAY ... NOW I must get some coffee!
Catch you all later!
Have a fabulous day!  I know I will!!




8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful pictures. You're having such a lovely time together. Have fun.
    Hugs Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my wow... what a place! Its just incredible!!! I guess thats how it all starts... we have started our own little oasis, but havent gotten to that point yet, but thanks for sharing... theres hope!

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such fun to have you here my friend. I know that tomorrow after your plane jets you back to Ohio I will wonder how this fun time could have passed so quickly. We will have to visit again soon! (Either in Ohio...or Kansas :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you certainly looked like you both were having fun....shellies garden looks amazing..perfect think ill jump on a plane i could just do a long haul to OHIO or kansas ........i wish love sassyxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time you are having...now you will have to talk Shelly into coming to visit you sometime when Joan is having a workshop and bring her along...then we can meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're working hard, Dar! Our kind of fun, right! :D
    Shelly has a beautiful yard! Say what are you using to cut out the images, Dar?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you are going to be sad to leave good company and all the
    fun you two are having there. You know the ole saying "Time flies
    when you are having fun". Thanks for sharing the pictures. Shelly has
    a beautiful backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like so much fun! And what a hoot- what a fun idea- just hop on a plane and go visit! Looks like alot of fun- and what a gorgeous setting! Love the elephant and waterfall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.