Saturday, February 23, 2013

Joan's Gardens Challenge

Hello my friends!  
Are you having a nice weekend so far?  
I sure hope so!

I'm headed over to Pennsylvania shortly to pay my last respects to a high school friend's Mom who passed away ... but before I go I wanted to share with you a creation I just made for the current challenge at Joan's Gardens.  This week Joan has asked us to use the following:

Polka Dots
Vellum
Oval

I am SO GLAD I do the challenges at Joan's because she always makes me 'think outside the box' ... for instance, using vellum!  I have various sized sheets of various colors and NEVER think to use them!!!  After looking at how this card came together ... maybe I need to put this vellum pack out in plain sight so I use it more ... I really like how quick, easy & pretty this card came together!

Recipe:
Paper:  White and Black cardstock, Teal vellum
Stamp:  Verses Stamps
Ink:  Versafine Onyx 
Accessories:  Cuttlebug Swiss Dot EF, Spellbinder Labels 10 dies, Cheery Lynn Designs B117S Fanciful Flourish Small, McGill P/N 64005L Star Flower Blossoms punch

The little black hearts in the center of the flowers are the remnants from cutting out the large Spellbinder Heart Circle for another project which just happened to be laying on my work table (can't waste anything ya know! LOL) .

A few more challenges:
Broken Box Stock - Birthdays
Card Makin Mamas - Birthdays
Lady Anne's - Anything Goes Friday (must use sentiment)
Clearly iStamp - Black & White with pop of color
Crafty Catz - Dies & Punches

Well, I'm running out of time so I'd better close for now!  Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you've found inspiration in my work!  Enjoy your weekend and tell those around you how much you love them ... you never know when you won't get the chance again!!!

As always . . .

12 comments:

  1. what a lovely sentiment and beautiful card thanks for sharing at crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty. Love the saying and your embellishments.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I really like your color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene your card is so lovely. The vellum is a gorgeous colour. Hugs Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOOOHHHHHH! So pretty. Turquoise is just a color that makes me happy. Such a lovely sentiment, too. Love, love, love your card! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clean crisp look of this card!! And as far as vellum goes can't remember the last time I used it? Thanks for the inspiration! Sorry I have been MIA a lot going on here - glad you are feeling better : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hun this is stunning just love the design,its just gorgeous so sorry not been,over lately,hope to put it right,hugs Cherylxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous, Dar! Love the vellum flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love it---that teal vellum is really dramatic with the black, terrific sentiment stamp. Beautiful Oval die, too. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card and fabulous use of the vellum! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous, love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us for the CraftyCatz Challenge! Kim – DT CraftyCatz

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I love how this came out! Just breath taking.
    Thanks for playing with us at Clearly Inspired Challenges. Hope to see you March 8 when the new challenge is posted. Until then Happy Craftin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.