Thursday, February 28, 2013

Vintage Easter Gate Fold Tutorial

Hello my friends!
I hope you're having a fabulous week and for those in the snow belt ... hope you're staying warm!!

Inside View
 Sandy at Crafty Secrets showcased this card over on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog which I created using their Easter Printable called 'Pretty Vintage Easter Eggs'.  
 I've had a request to share a tutorial on how I made it and since I didn't think to do a tutorial when I created this card, I have made another card today and now have a tutorial to share with you.  
Let's get started . . .

 What you will need:

  • Cardstock for base card.
  • White cardstock for added panels.
  • Design paper (For both cards, I've printed my own design paper using Crafty Secrets 'Radiant' digital paper file.)
  • Your choice of Vintage Easter Egg Image.
  • Your choice of border punch.  
  • Tape Runner
 
 STEP 1:  For your base card, you will cut your cardstock 6 1/4" x 9".  (For a typical A6 card you would score at 4 1/2"), but we are making a Gate Fold card so we will score on the length of the paper at 2 1/4" and 6 3/4".

 Measuring up from the bottom place a pencil mark at 4".
Next you will want to CUT from your pencil mark to the top of your score lines (see below).


STEP 2:  For this next step you will need two pieces of white cardstock (or your choice of coordinating cardstock) cut 6 1/4" x 4 1/4".  Using the adhesive of your choice, adhere these panels to the FRONT Gate Fold panels (see below).


 By lining up your base card on your cutter, you can cut off the extra white cardstock at the same angle (see below).  This will give you 'over lapping' gate fold panels.

Next you will want to border punch both sides.

STEP 3:  Cut TWO panels of your design paper 5 1/4" x 4".  Lay your design paper on top of your left side panel leaving a small border around and place a pencil mark right below the border punch at top & bottom.  This will be your 'angle cut' markers (see below).

Repeat for the right side.

STEP 4:  For this next step you have options!
  On my 1st card I did not border punch the top panel ... this card I did.
For both cards I cut a 1 1/2" x 4 1/2" strip of white cardstock, border punched it and adhered it to the back of my card.
For both cards I utilized my scraps to create an inside panel and adorned it with the matching 'smaller' egg image provided on the sheet of images.

And here is my finished card.
I hope you like it and will give this tutorial a try.
There are a few steps but it's really easy!



Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to stop back on Monday (March 4th) for more Crafty Secrets creations.  Our MARCH LINKY PARTY will be underway and you'll want to get involved!  You will have an opportunity to win FREE Crafty Secrets/Heartwarming Vintage product just for entering a creation made with ANY of their products!!  More details on Monday . . .
(Ooops forgot to mention that I sponged Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink around the edges of my images after cutting them out with my Fiskars Swivel craft knife.)
 
Till then and as always . . .


8 comments:

  1. Wow Dar, these are beautiful...and thanks so much for the tutorial...I will have to give it a try....gorgeous~gorgeous...and thank YOU so much for the nice comments on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for the tutorial!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That you so much...Hope I didn't rush you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Darlene! Both cards are breathtaking!! Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, vintage at it's best so eye striking. Beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Lovely card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and GREAT tutorial!! Have a Wonderful Weekend my friend: )

    ReplyDelete
  7. You card is just beautiful... Love the printable paper and thanks for sharing the tutorial with us. Love the stunning edges.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.