Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sassy Studio's Fun . . .

Happy Saturday Everyone!
The sun is shining (still COLD) here in Ohio, USA and although I've had a fairly busy day, I wanted to take a moment and share with you the card creation I made for the PAPER PIECING challenge going on over at Sassy Studio Designs.  I recently won a couple of images during their Follow the Yellow Brick Road Release Hop (YEAH!!) so I decided to use GLINDA (the good witch) for today's card.

I have used design paper from the Basic Grey 'Euphoria' 6x6 paper pack for my paper piecing, design and butterfly.  The lacy embellishments were created with the Cheery Lynn Designs B136 Anastasia Border die and also their DL102 French Pastry Doily die.  The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch.  She has been popped up using X-press Foam Tape and though difficult to see, red & diamond Stickles were used to add sparkle.  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers were used for the coloring.  

Her hair looks TERRIBLE!  Still practicing with these new markers!  It was just fine but then I had to go in and try to add depth ... obviously I didn't do that correctly!  Need to watch a few more videos and do a lot more practicing!!  LOL!


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you're enjoying your weekend!  
Until next time and as always  . . .

5 comments:

  1. oh WOW - this one is GREAT!!! I simply love the way you have coloured the hair. And that border die is now one my wish list - it's a simply MUST HAVE!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Love
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...and love all those white lacey doily "trims"...another "must have"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful....thanks for joining SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Darlene. Love the paper piecing, love your paper choice. Wonderful die cuts.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.