Friday, April 12, 2013

Ready for change . . .

Happy Friday All!
With all the changes going on outdoors these days (Yeah!  Spring has finally sprung!)  I was in the mood for a change here at my blog.  So, I spent a bit of time today looking through some of my favorite free blog background sites and as you have probably noticed in the past, Vintage Made For You is one of my all time favorites!  That is where I located this adorable header & background combination and I hope you like it as much as I do.  Of course now that I'm a little more familiar with my PhotoShop Elements software (Thanks Shelly!), it was quite fun adding my blog name to the header.  I also spent some time cleaning up the sidebar of my blog  ... adding some blog & challenges I enjoy.  
 I know I should be SPRING CLEANING in the house vs my blog ... but first things first! 
Before I head upstairs to fix our usual Friday night dinner of fish & fries, I wanted to share a card with you that I made this afternoon for a new challenge I was introduced to.  And that challenge is SKETCHY FRIDAY.  I used to do all the sketch challenges I could get my hands on but for a long time now I've been doing "my own thing".  So today's sketch was a challenge and great fun!  I think I'll get doing more sketches again ... I find myself being more creative when I do!
 Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE the color PURPLE ... all shades!!  So when I decided to use this adorable umbrella image for the sketch, I just had to color it purple.  The rest of the card was built from there.  This fun digi image was a freebie from NanaVic for the Progressive Challenge over on CDAC.

And, in an attempt to keep with my New Years Resolution of finishing the inside of my cards as they are created, here's a peek at the inside.  I created the inside sentiment in Photo Shop Elements.  Didn't have anything in my stash that tied in with the umbrella on the front so had to create my own ... not bad ... needs practice!

A few other challenges I would like to enter into are:
Daring Cardmakers - April Showers bring May Flowers
Digi Haven - Rain/Umbrella Challenge
Polkadoodles - April Showers (C10)
DRS Designs - One Stitch at a Time (real or faux stitching)
Paper Crafting Journey - Monochromatic

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!  I'd better get upstairs and get dinner started before hubby starts to growl!  LOL!!

As always . . .

Recipe for this creation:

Papers:  White cs, SU Orchid Opulence cs, Doodlebug Designs Petite Prints, Paper Pizazz dp
Stamps:  Nana Vic digi, Stamps n More (front sentiment)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  SU Eggplant Envy Marker for Faux Stitching, Spellbinder Classic Circle dies, SU scallop border punch, Michaels purple grosgrain ribbon, Bow-Easy, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers

23 comments:

  1. Real pretty...love the polka dot umbrella...wonder who this is for??? LOL....your Spring cleaning on your blog looks great.....loving those butterflies.....wasn't on the "puter" too much today, was cleaning out craft supplies to get rid of...talk to ya later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. So love the purples and the design is very striking. Love the spring cleaning on your blog's little jacket. Vintage is definitely you.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is pretty and it's really exemplary how much effort you made to make the inside of your card nice as well. Thanks for taking part in the Daring Cardmakers "April showers" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene - I too love the Color Purple (wasn't Whoopi amazing in it), LOL! Such a beautiful card and super sentiments. Haven't seen you much lately. Hope you have a great weekend, and don't work too hard. Beautiful new blog background theme.
    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
    Sandi ♥ Member of the CDAC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love purple, too. You really rocked this being monochromatic. I feel that participating in challenges most certainly does help me with creativity! Thanks for playing along with us at DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL Dar!! Lovely DP's, great image and of course, that fantastic ribbon/bow really makes it all pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do "LOVE" that bow.....
    Lynnel
    CDAC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, so bright and cheerful. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely purple colored card! Such a nice version of the sketch, and you've decorated the inside of your card so beautifully too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh love the new blog background! Great take on the challenge, Dar! Love love all the purples!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the floral BG- the image is so sweet- lovely card and great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card, wonderful use of colour, gorgeous image. Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our Monochrome challenge. Hope we see you again for our next challenge Karen P Paper Crafting Journey Design Team http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, and I love the colours! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely.Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! Love all those gorgeous shades of purple!! Thank you for playing at DRS Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darlene, Amazing card. Love the all shades of purple.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you joined us at Sketchy Friday, love all the purple!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card! I love purples too! Thanks for playing along with DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. *Places a crown on your head* I name you the queen of pattern paper combinations - THAT Work together Spectacularly!!!! I adore how you've left just enough free space between some of the papers to allow them to blend with the next pattern. The umbrella digital is coloured beautifully and the inside of your card ties in very nicely as well with the sentiment you selected. (Great to see that you are still following through with your new years resolution. Thank you Darlene for joining us at CDAC freebie challenge *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  20. so pretty and i do too love purple!
    we appreciate you joining us at sketchy friday and even more you used to make your own sketches and liked our so much it got you participating....thanks so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, love the colors!!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven!
    Hugs xx ♥ Sandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it... great color combo... makes me want to do something using purple...Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Friday this week...SK :)
    http://skdigis.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.