Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Crafting Fun!

Hello Everyone!
I'm back in Ohio and have to tell you about the FABULOUS time I had once again over in Indiana at Joan's Gardens!  I am so blessed to have made so many wonderful friendships through my visits to Joan's and this weekend we got together to just PLAY and LEARN from each other.

Rita Crabb came to Joan's earlier in the week from Arizona, then Gretchen Wilson (Indiana), Bette Henson (Illinois) and myself (Ohio) showed up mid day on Thursday.  That meant the weekend started with a FABULOUS breakfast outdoors by Joan's beautiful pond! I wished I had taken a few more photos of her flowers ... they are everywhere and GORGEOUS!!!


Joan is certainly the "Hostess with the Mostess!"  What a beautiful way to start the day! And the food was as fabulous as the scenery and fellowship!

 





 Joan's breakfast casserole was AWESOME (we each got a copy of the recipe) and her Fruit Slush was SO REFRESHING (need to get that recipe next time)!  Rita whipped up the most tasty scones for us to have with our breakfast too ... YUMMY!!
And check out these adorable Watering Can Napkin Rings ... aren't they precious!  And of course Joan put water & fresh flowers in each one!!  How cute is that!!!
Now THIS is how to start the day!!


We were so lucky to have two more friends come join the fun!  
Judy Studer (Back Port Crafts by Judy) [left] joined us on Friday and Saturday.  (Judy is from Indiana.)  Then Diane Hover (Nellie's Nest) [right] came to play on Saturday.  (Diane is from Michigan.)  
It's such a busy time of year for everyone and we were all just thrilled that everyone was able to squeeze a little time out of their busy schedules to come together at Joans!

Check out this AMAZING altered project Judy brought along to show us.  It is just gorgeous and each of the drawers in decorated on the inside too!  VERY CLEVER Judy ... thanks for inspiration!

I mentioned earlier that Rita Crabb came in from Arizona!  Well, THIS  is what she came rolling into town in!  Her 38' RV and YES ... SHE does all the driving since her companion (Emma), her shepard mix, doesn't have a license!  LOL!  Now THAT'S the way to travel!
 

 What a crew!!!
 What FUN!!

 Okay ... back to reality!!
I guess I'd better get a little house work done then hopefully I'll have time to play with some of the fun new goodies I purchased at Joan's Gardens Shoppe!  OH and I'd better write down instructions on some of the tips these fabulous ladies shared over the weekend before this feeble mind forgets!  LOL!

Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead and I hope to have a few cards to share with you tomorrow!
Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what an rv and what a wonderful weekend you all seem to have had, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a great place to play in and beautiful garden too! The watering cans are so cute! =)
    Sounds like you had an amazing time! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a dresser to decoupage. After seeing Judy's project, I'm going to step up my search. So glad you had such a good time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan has such a gorgeous place! Sounds like you had fun. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful time, Darlene! It lifts my heart to see ladies taking the time to get together to be crafty in this busy, busy world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the post on our weekend. What fun I had meeting you and the other ladies. You are all so talented.
    Looking foward to our next meeting and getting to craft with you.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the question!!! What fun??? I love gathering like those. They are so much fun. How beautiful everything is.. It is like a wonderland all the wonderful flowers and the pond the decoupage dresser is so stunning all the way down to setting the table and the napkin watering cans adorable... This is so much fun. So glad you had a chance to get away and enjoy yourself.
    Hug, Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.