Sunday, September 15, 2013

FALL and FOOTBALL . . .

Happy Football Sunday Everyone!
YES ... we are football people (Pittsburgh Steelers) and although our team doesn't look that great this year and we already have some key players hurt ... you still have to support them!  That's what TRUE FANS DO!!

NOW ... as far as my cards to share today ... I do have one card that relates to my title.  And that is my last entry for the challenge over at Joan's Gardens.  

I've created this CAS Fall card using a new die I purchased at Joan's Garden's on my last visit.  It is by Cheery Lynn Designs ... #B325 'Fall Leaf Mesh Border'.  I actually had to modify the length of it to fit my A6 Gate Fold card but think it came out beautifully!  I even used the leaf I cut out over on the other panel.  (pretty clever, huh!  LOL)  The sentiment is from an old Inkadinkado set and the birds are from Stampscapes.

By simply using sponges and various fall colors of ink ... my leaves really pop. LOVE THAT!
I'm not typically a 'CAS' card style person but I'm very happy with this card and have plenty of room inside for a note to my friend in Toledo whom I know will enjoy hearing from me.



* * * * *
One more card to share today.  
Remember I told you on Friday that we were going next door to young Miss Olivia's 11th birthday party.  Well we did and had a very nice time.  They always make us feel like part of the family.


Check out this cake ... it's GORGEOUS (looks like a wedding cake) and it was YUMMY GOOD too!  It was made at a local Amish run restaurant called Heartville Kitchen in Heartville, OH.

Here's Olivia with her younger sister (9), Miss Emily and little one year old cousin Eli (he's such a cutie ... kept us all in stitches with his funny faces and showing off his belly!  LOL!!

Sorry for the glare in the photos ... I forgot my camera and just snapped a couple quick photos with my phone.

AND, here is the card I made for Olivia.  I try to make the girls something a little SPECIAL because I know they always expect that from me (their crafty neighbor lady ... lol).






I've used this adorable Sassy Studio Designs 'Bubble Gum Sassy' for my card front focus.  And decided to make her a front step card design using the Cheery Lynn Designs die purchased through Joan's Gardens.  (If you have questions on anything else used please leave me a comment... I'll not bore you with all the details right now but would be happy to share that info if needed.)

CHALLENGES:
The ABC Challenge - V for Very Cute

Now, since they always provide a lovely dinner and never want me to bring anything other than hubby & our appetites, I decided to make Olivia's Mom and 2 Grandma's each a pack of note cards.  Just a little thank you for being so kind.

Well that's it for me today ... it's almost game time so I'd better get movin'!!
Hope you are having a fabulous day and as always . . .

4 comments:

  1. Darlene your fall card is very pretty. Great use of the Cheery Lynn Die too.
    I am sure your neighbor loved her card and party.
    Thanks for joining us again at Joan's Gardens for our weekly Challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love~Love both cards.....the one for Olivia is so perfect for a girlie her age....I bet she had the biggest smile when seeing it!!! Very pretty Fall card for Joan's, too....lovely fall colors...and good luck on the challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute cards! And you are right...that cake looks like it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.