Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sleigh Bells Ring ... are you listening?

Hello my friends!
Sorry I've been MIA ... dang stomach virus bug got ahold of me Saturday through Tuesday.  Thankfully I'm feeling MUCH better today and ready to craft, decorate, sing Christmas carols ... you know ... all that holiday stuff,
BUT
it's a balmy 57 degrees here in Ohio so we took the opportunity to get the outside decorating done, some last minute fall clean up  that I thought was going to have to wait until Spring and moved equipment around so the snowblower is easily accessible when needed!  (Don't tell anyone but the inside of our house is still beautifully decorated for FALL/Thanksgiving ... ssshhh!!)

Anyways, now that the outside decorations are completed I thought I'd take a moment to share a couple of cards with you that I didn't get the chance to share last week before getting sick.


There's a new challenge going on over at CRAFT A SCENE and it's a 'Winter Theme' (tri-shutter fold optional).  I have to say I'm thrilled to have been last month's winner on their 'Trees, Trees, Trees' Challenge.  

I love this new paper pack I bought at JoAnn's by DCWV and it's called 'The Winter Solstice Stack' ... it's gorgeous!  Of the 48 sheets, 1/2 are with foil ... so festive and pretty!  That is what I used for my background on this card.  

The swirls reminded me of how the snow whips around during a snow storm and the swirls and blue snowflakes on this paper are foil and have such a beautiful shine. 
The other elements used on this card are:
Memory Box 'Winter Cabin Landscape' #98709 die
Marianne 'Lamp Post & Sign Board'  #LR0191 die
Spellbinder 'Create-A-Flake Three' Snowflake dies
Hero Arts Sentiment Stamp

Here are a few additional challenges I'd like to enter:
Inky Impressions - Winter or Snow
Paper Pretties - Christmas
Papercraft Star - Photo Inspiration
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT - Blue & White
Shopping our Stash - Holiday/Winter
Songbird Challenge - Die Another Day (use 1 or more dies)

Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks to those who have sent me get well wishes!
I'm BACK ON TOP and RARIN' TO GO!!!
As Always . . .

16 comments:

  1. I love this card . Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Darlene, love the colour of the paper, and your little sign is so clever. Pleased you are feeling better. hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! LOVE the snow scene! THX for playing with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the swirls in the background of this scene. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better - that bug is definitely going around with a vengeance! Your card is wonderful - great scene and colors. Love it! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! So glad you're feeling better and back in your cave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful scene you created ... Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty~pretty card...and you are right, that paper is like snow swirls..love!! Now YOU are the enabler, I just might have to grab some of this paper if I can find it here....gorgeous card Dar..and good luck with the challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So perfect for our Challenge this week ! I cannot stop looking at it, so charming. Thanks for sharing with us and our readers at Papercraft Star this week !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card!
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super scene, and great use of that paper as the background. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful snowy scene! Thank you for playing along at the Papercraft Star!Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a pretty winter scene. Thank you for sharing with us at Songbird Challenges, good luck. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful scene! Love the die cuts you used and the background is so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.