Monday, January 6, 2014

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge

Brrrrrrrrr!  
Man is it cold & windy outside!!!

There's a new challenge posted over at the Cheery Lynn Designs Blog and I couldn't wait to play along!  The theme this week is:
WINTER WHITES

I just love white-on-white cards and not sure why I don't make more of them!!!  And, I find great pleasure in drawing inspiration from others who are so very good at this style of card design!!  I'm getting better at them . . .
Here's what I came up with . . .

 

Just last week I decided to 'reorganize' my dies and now have all my Christmas/Winter dies in one MS album (red in color ... clever huh! LOL) so it was easy to look through and pick out what dies I wanted to use.  

I just LOVE this Cheery Lynn Designs 'Winter Neighborhood Border' (B323) die so that was my starting point.  Next I used the Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder for my background.  Recently I purchased this Memory Box 'Frosty Border' #98171 die which helped carry the 'Wintery' theme and of all things, I decided to use the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Sunflower' (DL121) for my sentiment panel.  For additional dimension, I've added some extension to my sentiment sunflower panel by using the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Olive Branches' (B147) also cut in white.  My sentiment is from JustRite.

Here are a few other challenges I'd like to enter into:
Bloggers Challenge - Flourishes
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Creative Moments #33 - Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T Challenge #240 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes (Twist -Color, Sights & Sounds of Winter)
Pile It On - Just Because

Well, that's it for me today!  Now that the 12 Days of Christmas are complete, I'm in the process of running up & down these stairs trying to get Christmas decorations put away for another year ... cleaning and organizing as I go!  Whew!  What a job!  I must be getting old!  LOL!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have drawn inspiration from my work as I continue to do from yours!


BUNDLE UP EVERYONE on the East Coast!  I'm afraid we're in for a COLD, LONG winter!!

BEFORE I GO ... I just had to share these couple of photos my friends back home in Darlington, PA took yesterday of a rare (but beautiful) White Cardinal which has been frequenting their feeder for the past month.

(It's for real!  I Googled it because I had never heard of it either!)


How Beautiful Is That!!


13 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene, lovely combination of dies and embossing. You created such a lovely scene.

    Thank you very much for joining us at the Fun with Shapes and more Challenge.

    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - your card is very beautiful, I love it!!! Thanks for joining us at fwSAM. Your photo from the bird is amazing!!! hugs, ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, I just love the scenic card you've created, and especially like how you used the Sunflower die for the sentiment! Your card is so very elegant and classy! Oh and I had to say that the darling little white cardinal photo is amazing. I would love for him to fly out West to visit me..ha ha! :) Thanks for playing along in this week's Cheery Lynn Design challenge! -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, Love the card it is so elegant white on white and all the dies are wonderful.
    The White Cardinal is stunning, have not seen one in person but she is a beauity.
    Hugs from Wisconsin, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful - white on white is so elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at The CRAFT Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your project in the #53 “Anything Goes” Challenge [with optional Colors, Sights and Sounds of Winter theme] LOVE white on white - and this fits the theme beautifully! All that texture is really fun to look at and inspect. I especially like what you did with the flower in the right upper corner that looks like a winter sun! That is creative indeed!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, this is just lovely! I like the mix of textures here and how you've used the sunflower die to anchor your sentiment!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. I forgot to mention how beautiful that white cardinal is! I've never seen anything like it before, and it is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love your layered elements! The Winter scene is a favorite of mine too! so many uses! Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene, this is so pretty, love the sky you created over the houses. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty Darlene! Love the "white on white'! Beautiful photos too! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, Darlene. Thank you for sharing wit us at Creative Moments. Leona (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card, really inspires me to do more with die cuts and embossing. This one is really classy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.