Sunday, January 19, 2014

Inspiration around every corner . . .

Good Sunday Afternoon Friends!
As crafters, do you find you look at things with 'different eyes'?
Everywhere I look I find myself envisioning a card creation ... 
call me obsessed if you must!  LOL!

We send $$$ to various charities throughout the year and unfortunately, they feel the need to send us STUFF in return ... most of the time in the form of preprinted cards, notepads, and calendars.  Nice as this is, I of course have no need for cards since I make a zillion of them myself.  BUT ... I must admit I do find inspiration in some of the design layouts and put them to use for my own card creations ... as I have done here!

A simple design but I think appropriate for a sympathy card!
The images I have used are from Pinterest.  They were NOT watermarked so I thought was okay to use (at least I sure hope so ...).

Here's what I came up with ... what do you think?

 































For this first set, I used papers from the American Crafts Classic Calico Collection.
On all the cards, I have used various sentiment stamp from My Sentiments Exactly, PSX, Verses Rubber Stamps, Great Impressions, Verve and SU Close As A Memory.































This second set uses papers from Basic Grey 'Origins' paper pad and the American Crafts Classic Calico Collection.  Brown and Old Olive cardstock were used for matting and a white Gelly Roll pen was used for all faux stitching/doodling.



















For this last set, I used various papers for the background ... Around the Block 'Ash Filigree', Creative Imaginations ' Fleur De Lis' and 'Secret Garden Solid'. 

Well that's pretty much it for me today!  
Hubby & I have been doing a little 'food preparation' to enjoy during today's NFL playoff game.  Today we're having Buffalo Chicken Dip w/tortilla chips during half time.  But I must tell you about the pizza he made for dinner last night!  YUMMO!!

We had some left over veggies in the fridge so he made his own tapenade to use in place of a sauce on top of his homemade wheat pizza crust.  I can't give you the exact measurements (???) but I can tell you what it consisted of:
Cherry Tomatoes
mini multi colored Red Peppers
Red Onion
Black Olives
couple cloves of Garlic
roasted Pine Nuts
freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

OMG this was SO GOOD ...
OH!  And a few pieces of pepperoni and fresh Mozzarella on top!

Now I know why I gained 50 lbs. after 'linking up' with this guy!  
God Love Him ... he should have been a chef!  LOL!

Happy Day my friends and as always ...

2 comments:

  1. Perfect~perfect~perfect sympathy cards...I struggle with these and you once again have inspired me to make some...I never have any made and can always use them....they are simply gorgeous! The pizza sounds delightful.....dang I wish you lived closer..LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey twin! I am impressed with all these cards - you did such a wonderful job on them all. What a fun thing to be inspired by a layout in a free card! Yours are so much better! Great work. That pizza sounds wonderful! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.