Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Manly Card . . .

GOOD AFTERNOON!

While I'm waiting for the next wave of snow storms to come through, 
I thought I'd share a card with you that I made the other day.
I also see there are a couple of challenge that it fits ... so here we go!


This is another image I spotted over on Pinterest and thought it would make 
an awesome 'manly' birthday card.
I actually cut FREE HAND the white space out around
this beautiful ship image vs cutting on
the line then matting it again.
Then I distressed the edge to cover any imperfections!

Here's a peek at the inside of the card.
From the blue strip that was left from cutting my background panel,
I cut out the blue circle used as the 1st matting
on the sentiment ... then border punched
the remaining strip to use under the inside sentiment.
Can't be wasting those scraps you know!  LOL!!

A few qualifying challenges ...
Crafty Bloggers Network - All About Boys
Crafty Cardmakers - It's A Man's World
Love to Create - Birthday/Anniversary
Use Your Stuff - Song Inspired (What do you do with a Drunken Sailor?)
The Outlawz CAS Sunday Challenge - Masculine
Cards and More - Men cards only

Thanks so much for stopping by.
I've been receiving such wonderful comments ... SO encouraging to me!
I can't express how moved I am by all your kindness!

Guess I'd better figure out what's for dinner!
Seems that now the holiday & the Super Bowl are behind us,
hubby has decided we need to eat better~!   Uuugh!
(And I was so enjoying my nightly little dish of ice cream!)



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, My Mind's Eye 'Oliver' dp
Accessories:  Spellbinder Classic Circle dies, The Stamp Pad Co. (front sentiment), Hero Arts (inside sentiment), Martha Stewart border punch, Tim Holtz distresser

13 comments:

  1. I love, love, love, love this bold masculine card! The color combo is perfection and the image is wonderful! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous masculine card. I love the old sailing ship, so majestic.

    Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card, Darlene and perfect for Lynn's challenge this week at Outlawz! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful image. So majestic. Makes a perfect male card. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at CCM&M. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely, thanks for joining us at Cards und More and good luck, hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative song inspiration choice! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card and great papers :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is amazing ! So elegant ! Thanks for playing along with us at Use Your stuff !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous manly card! Love the image and great idea to distress the edges! Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week! Mo dt x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great masculine card!
    Thank you for joining our 2nd Birthday Celebrations / Anniversary Challenge over at Love to Create Challenges this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!
    Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
    DT member Love to Create Challenge
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Hope you are safe with all that snow. Thank you for joining the CBN challenge and good luck.
    Kay
    CBN DTX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.