Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's Raining Cats & Dogs ...

Good Afternoon friends . . .

It's not really raining here (YET!) ... SNOW today ... RAIN TOMORROW!  Uugh ...

Actually my title indicates the challenge theme this week over at Classy Cards n Such.
And, since I recently purchased these adorable Impression Obsession puppies from her store, I just couldn't help but create and play along.


Didn't this little scene come together adorably!!
I am LOVIN' all the new dies I've been collecting lately.  So much fun to create with.

LOVE these puppies (I also ordered the DOGS).
I have a lot of 'animal lovers' that request cards from me and I really didn't have many stamps or dies in that category (NOT being a HUGE animal lover myself).  Don't get me wrong ... my daughter & granddaughter both have animals and they are wonderful ... 
I just don't want them living at MY house!  
Been there ... done that!  LOL ... you understand I hope!


I just can't say enough about how cute these critters are ... there are 5 different puppy dies in this set.  
I will list all the dies (w/numbers) used on this card below my name at the bottom of this post.

I have created the background using two different stamps for the rain .. CC Rubber Stamps and All Nite Media.  They were stamped in SU Blue Bayou ink, and the back ground green grassy area was sponged with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink.

All my dies were cut from scraps of paper I had in my scrap bin (love when that happens).
My sentiment comes from the Crafty Secrets Words from the Heart Booklet 'Celebration & Joy', and my I/O cat dies came from Dies R Us.  For their eyes, I simply used a white gelly roll pen the on the dogs eyes place a small black dot with a fine black marker.  The outside grass is a Joy Craft die purchased through Joan's Gardens and the picket fence is from Cheery Lynn Designs.

A few other challenges to share in:

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great day!
I've been sick for nearly a week now (thank goodness for blogger prepost capability), and FINALLY today I'm starting to feel 'human' again!  Thanks to all who sent well wishes ... very appreciated!
Till next time ...

Recipe:
Papers:   white, black, garden green, brown card stock
Stamps:  CC Rubber Stamps, All Nite Media
Inks: Versafine Onyx, Memento 'bamboo leaves', Stampin' Up 'Blue Bayou'
Accessories: TH black marker, White Gelly Roll Pen, Crafty Secrets sentiment
Dies:  Impression Obsession Cats #DIE083, Puppies #DIE142, Joy Craft Grass #6002/0137, Cheery Lynn Designs Victorian Picket Fence #B123

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.