Thursday, May 15, 2014

Playing with Stencils ...

. . . at Joan's Touch!

The new challenge this week at Joan's Touch involves playing with stencils.  Joan just came back from a 2 day certification class in Chicago and shared some awesome tips with us ... be sure to pop over and check it out!  I've done my 'shadowing' with inks vs paste but I still like the outcome and hope you do too!
Here's this week's requirements ...


  • Use a stencil (would love it if you tried the shadow technique, but it is not a requirement
  • Combine 2 patterns of paper
  • Can be a card, a book, a note....
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens.  Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Touch Challenge. It would be nice if you would add this link to your post: www.joanstouch.com



  • I'm so glad Joan's has brought this idea to light since I've seen it done in the past and had totally forgotten about it and I love how it looks.  This would be a great technique to use for MANLY card creations!

    Today I actually used a Martha Stewart stencil for my focus image along with 2 shades of Stampin' Up ink ... Summer Sun and More Mustard.  My pattern papers are from the DCWV Basics (2 sided) stack pack.  My choice of embellishments today are copper Kaiser pearls and my key embellishment is the Joy! Crafts die 'Cutting Keys 1' ... #6003/0039.  Oh, nearly forgot ... did a little doodling with a white gelly roll pen around my stenciled image too.

    A few other challenges to share in:
    Inky Chicks #29 - Clean and Simple
    Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes

    Thanks so much for stopping by today!
    Truth be told ... I'm crafting with Joan and my other Midwest friends this weekend.  I'm actually in Niles, Michigan at the moment with Diane H. (Nellie's Nest) and all the gals are coming here tomorrow ... then we are all linking up at Joan's on Saturday!  Can't wait to see them again ... what fun we have crafting, talking and eating!  And, not always in that order!   LOL! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

    In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.