Tuesday, May 13, 2014

While Strolling Through the Park one day . . .

. . . in the merry, merry month of May!

Happy Tuesday friends!
Tuesday means I, have another creation to share with you using dies from Dies R Us!  Each day Monday through Friday, one of the DT members has a new creation to share/inspire you over at the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.  Pop over any time to see what they've created!

It's getting to be THAT TIME OF YEAR when it feels so good to just take a stroll in the park,
so that is my theme for today!

This sweet baby carriage and garden bench worked perfectly with my Crafty Secrets 'Baby Memories' image.  And the pink 'doily' is actually the 'inside cut' from the Cheery Lynn Designs Polynesian Sails Oval die set.  A touch of Stickles sparkle was all that was needed to finish my sweet 'stroll in the park' scene.
 
Dies used on today's creation are:
Spellbinder 'Blooms 4' - S2-047
Spellbinder 'Garden Bench' - S2-085
Memory Box 'Baby Carriage' - #98528
Cheery Lynn Designs 'Polynesian Sails Oval' - DL153
Poppystamps 'Massa Leaf Outline' - #1023

Stencils used:
Memory Box 'Florina' - #88567
Memory Box 'Texture Mesh' - #88517
Did you notice the stencilling in the background?

I am having so much fun using these Memory Box stencils on the backgrounds for my cards.  Here I've actually used it over top of an already beautiful design paper from Pink Paislee's 'Butterfly Garden' 6x6 pack to give even more 'depth'.  I've used Tim Holtz 'spun sugar' and 'peeled paint' distress inks for my stencil sponging.

----------------->
The embossing on this Spellbinder Blooms 4 set is fabulous and shows up beautifully when 'curled' the opposite direction from the flower I've created today.  That's the fun of these dies ... you can condition them, spray them, ink them, crumple them and curl them any way you'd like to create a variety of flower patterns and looks!  Give it a try ... so much fun!  And this Poppystamp 'Massa Leaf Outline' is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Of course I couldn't leave out the pink satin ribbon by Offray.  Any vintage styled creation deserves a touch of satin or lace and this narrow ribbon was the perfect touch for today's card.

A few challenges I'd like to share in are:
Cards Galore Encore Challenge - Anything Goes (entry #1)
Everybody Art Challenge - Shabby Chic


Well that's it for me today.  Remember, we also have a new Challenge Blog for Dies R Us and we'd love to have you come join in our challenges.  One lucky winner will receive a $10 gift voucher to the Dies R Us store for each challenge ... AWESOME!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a wonderful week!
Till next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.