Monday, July 7, 2014

Crafty Secrets July Linky Party and DT Challenge

Hello Crafty Secrets Fans!
It's the 1st Monday of a new month and that means a new LINKY PARTY over at the Crafty Secrets/Heartwarming Vintage Blog.  I hope you'll come join in our fun!  It's VERY EASY!

Before I share my card/tutorial with you, I have some good news and some bad news to share (sad face!)  I'm sorry to tell you that team mates Cherry and Vicki have stepped down from the team.  Life goes in different directions at different times for all of us, and these two ladies find themselves in that situation and must go where the heart leads them.  I wish them both ALL THE BEST in their new adventures!!  They will be missed!  NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS!   I'm thrilled to extend a warm welcome to our July GUEST DESIGNER .... 
Gloria Getgen Stengel 

Here is my finished card for today's Linky Party/DT Challenge.
I was so thrilled when Sandy turned this fun SEASIDE stamp set into a digital set.  It has been one of my favorite sets for years and not that it's digital, I can do so much more with it!  What fun!


 How easy it is to bring all the elements from the set you'd like to create with into a blank Word document, resize to your desired size for your project and start coloring.

 

Today I'm playing with alcohol markers for my coloring and alcohol inks to create the fun background.  Once my image was colored, I knew what colors I wanted to use for that background.  And, speaking of the background ... here's what you will need:

 Alcohol inks
Glossy White Paper
Canned Air (like you use to clean your keyboard)

 Now comes the fun!
Drop your ink onto the glossy paper and hit it with spurts of air to make it run.  Remember, alcohol inks dry fast so you'll have to be a little 'quick on the draw', LOL!  Repeat this same process with your other colors ...the possibilities are endless!
The colors I used were:  Stream, Stonewash, Denim and Bottle.

Once I had my blue color positioned, I added butterscotch & the alcohol blending solution to my Tim Holtz applicator and started 'blending' some of the yellow in with the blues/greens.  
While it was still wet, I created a second panel (the lighter vertical panel on my card) but simply blotting the excess from my original blue panel onto another white glossy panel with the same applicator.  This gave me 2 - 4x6 panels of the same color palette to work with for my background.

Well there you have it!  I actually stumbled across this technique on a Tim Holtz YouTube video.  I have linked it for you just in case I have you confused!  LOL!

Please be sure to check out the fabulous projects by my team mates!  They come up with some of the most awesome projects and are so generous to share all the details, tips & tricks with all of us!!  Here's a list of their blogs ... please pop on over!
 Sharing in the following challenges:
Come and Get It Challenge - Cool Things for Summer
Scribble and Scrap Challenge #22 - Always Anything Goes

Okay,  now its your turn to enter our July Linky Party and post any sample you have created using any of our products.  Every person will receive a $6.00 coupon and 1 lucky random.org winner will get a $50.00 Crafty Secrets Gift Card!  You have until Midnight PT,  July 13, 2014 to enter. Sorry, only one $6.00 coupon per person but you can enter up to 4 samples and increase odds of winning the big prize. Don't be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.