Monday, August 25, 2014

SFC3414 - Help me go 'round' the block!

Hello my friends!
Can you believe we are at the end of August already???
Today I have a card to share with you that was created as my DT creation for the new challenge up today at the Squigglefly Blog and it is all about  

ROUNDED CORNERS!

Since it is BACK TO SCHOOL time here in Ohio and I'm sure many other states, I turned this fun 'NotePad and Pencil' image by James Horvath into a 'book and pencil' ... World History book to be exact!  Sure hope James doesn't mind!  LOL!  
History was one of my favorite subjects in school and I still really enjoy watching documentaries and TV programs about the history of our world ... just fascinating!!!

 Ooops sorry, I'm getting a bit off track ...

Since our challenge today is 'no square corners' I've rounded ALL my corners and used rounded embellishments (Frantic Stamper 'Gear Collage' die).  I actually split the die cut in half to position on the top & bottom corners of my focus image.  Tearing and distressing was used to give my card an 'aged' look and of course 'back in the day', twine was used to secure documents and maps.

I hope you'll get around to joining in our challenge!
Just remember 'no square corners'!  I can't wait to draw inspiration from what you create!
The team really had fun with this one ... COME CHECK IT OUT!

Now let's see if there are other challenges I can share in today ...

Di's Digi Design Challenge - Back to School

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you have a FABULOUS day!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  Kraft cs, White cs, Dark Brown cs, DCWV 'The Woven Paper' Stack, DCWV 12x12 world paper, 
Inks:  Tim Holtz 'Tea Dye' distress ink
Accessories:  Tim Holtz distresser, large sponge dauber, pop dots, Creative Memories corner rounder, Darice hemp, Frantic Stamper 'Gear Collage' die, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers,

Techniques:  Distressing, Paper Piecing, Sponging, Tearing, Curling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.