Monday, December 15, 2014

Squigglefly Challenge Time

Hello my friends!
It's time once again for a fun challenge at Squigglefly!

Today's theme is:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU!


I have used a sweet image by artist Cheryl Alger Grant called 'A Christmas Fairy'.  I have used non-traditional colors on this cute fairy and although my camera shows the background as red w/pink ... it is really more of a pink w/pink.  Oh well ... I tried!  LOL!




















After printing her out twice the same size, I colored one image completely then coloring only the parts on the other image that I wanted to cut out for paper piecing and popping up (primarily her body/wings).  Oh and I also did the blue/pink holly in her hair.  All coloring was done with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

The snow was created by simply tearing an off cut of white card stock.  So quick and easy and perfect for any snow scene/holiday cards.

I hope you'll come join in the challenge fun at Squigglefly.  And be sure to check out the inspiration samples created by my team mates ... such a talented bunch!!! 

I'm sorry to say but this will be my last creation as a DT member for Squigglefly.  
I have been with the team for a long time and have enjoyed every moment ... but I think the time has come for me to step down and let someone else enjoy this fabulous group of ladies!  Thanks SO MUCH to Holley & Holly for their kindness and support.  Best of luck to these two ladies and all my team mates at Squigglefly ... I will miss you!

Till next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.