Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Thinking of You . . .

Happy Hump Day Friends!
Today I have a card to share with you for the new challenge over at the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge Blog.  When I was working on this card I was really struggling with my 'mojo levels' but then it finally kicked into gear and I'm very happy with the outcome.


(Inside)
 I just LOVE the springy paper I used on today's card!  With it being SO COLD outside, I needed to create with a happy, springtime theme and my choice is design paper was just what I needed.
This paper pack actually came free in one of my magazine subscriptions and I had it in a stack with some other 'freebies' I've received to use for blog candy but just hadn't gotten around to it yet. 
 

 I just ADORE this Memory Box butterfly die.
I wanted them to really POP so die cut them onto a scraps of card stock (top in blue/lower in ivory) and colored them myself using Tim Holtz distress inks. First with 'Salty Ocean' then  with 'Picked Raspberry' to create the purple centers.
I hand pierced the three top panels on my card front ... but then decided to distress all the panels so now some of them you don't really see the piercing.

Challenges to share in today . . .
Pile It On Challenge - Butterflies
Allsorts Challenge - Any Occasion other than Birthday (thinking of you)
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - Two's (2 butterflies)
Simply Create Too #79 - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge #93 - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage - In the Garden

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you are having a good week and staying warm if you live in an area like I do and am dealing with these bitter cold temperatures!  We are breaking temperature records this year!!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  Scraps of solid color card stocks, Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine 'April Rose Illustrations' luxury paper pack dp
Stamps/Inks:  Just Rite Stamps, Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz distress inks
Dies:  Memory Box 'Devine Butterfly', Impression Obsession 'Watering Can', Memory Box 'Fanciful Fences', Cheery Lynn Designs 'Anastasia Border'
Accessories:  Tim Holtz distress tool, SU paper piercing pad, paper piercer, white Gelly Roll pen (faux stitching)

Inside Card:  Papers:  Cardmaking & Papercraft 'April Rose Illustrations' luxury paper pack dp     Dies:  Spellbinder Celebrations 'Pierced Rectangles'     Sentiment:  Stampingsensations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.