Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Cardabilities Reveal #121

Hello Dear Friends!
It is time once again for the new Sketch Reveal 
Today's reveal is #121and here's the sketch ...

You will have until April 28th to join in our challenge and please be sure to review our rules.
One rule I'd like to mention is:  your entry can be shared with only 3 additional challenges in order for you to qualify for our prize. 

We have the wonderful Dies R Us as our sponsor this challenge.  
And the prize is a $20 gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store.


Website: https://www.diesrus.com/
Blog: http://diesruschallenge.blogspot.ca/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/diesrus

 Here are a few additional photos of my card creation:

Inside
There is a list of all product used on this card at the end of my post.
Several of the dies came from the Dies R Us Store.   Please be sure to pop over and check 'em out!







I am LOVING these sketches!
I know I've said it before but I will say it again!
If your mojo is lacking ... just try one of our sketches and you'll be amazed at how quickly your creativity will 'kick into gear' and when you're finished you will have a card creation I'm sure you'll be thrilled with!!!


A couple little helpful hints to share today!
I've used both 'purchased' pattern paper AND 'digital' (printed) pattern paper on today's card.
By modifying the color of my 'digital' paper, I could color coordinate it with my store bought paper.
Digital -  Embossed Yellow/Green Papers - DP-209
The Crafty Secrets Embossed Digital Paper I have used is actually YELLOW but by modifying the color in WORD, I was able to match it almost perfectly with the DCWV 'Coral Couture' store bought pattern paper.


Secondly, notice the 'cupping' of the leaves.
You can achieve this at least 2 different ways that I'm aware of.
1 - on a soft, molding mat, drag your stylus down each petal from the TIP of the leaf inward ... OR
2 - using a flat pair of tweezers, place your tweezers down the center of your leaf then with your thumb and forefinger, squeeze the leaves inward toward each other.
By shaping the leaves just a little, it's amazing how much life and realism it will give your creation.

Challenges to share in:
Craft-Dee Bowz April Challenge - Anything Goes using a Bow
 Crafty Catz Challenge - 2 or more patterned papers

 Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you'll come join in the challenge fun at Cardabilties!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Crafty Secrets Embossed Digital Paper, DCWV 'Coral Couture' SU Pear Pizazz cs
Stamps:  Endless Creations, Hero Arts
Ink:  Versafine Onyx, SU Groovy Guava
Dies:  Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'California Collection' CED1102, 'Italian Collection' CED1503, Finishing Touches 'Petite Vinery' CED1418, X-Cut Leaves 'XC503194', Spellbinder Nestabilities 'Lattice Rectangles' S4-319, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Horizontal Fishtail Banners' DL278
Accessories:  Really Reasonable Ribbon 'Diamond Satin Light Coral' ribbon, Bakers Twine, Old button, Flat tweezers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.