Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Manly Birthday . . .

Happy Weekend My Friends!
I hope you have something fun planned for today!
I'm falling behind on my DT commitments so I'll be hiding out in my crafting cave today and hopefully creating some fabulous things to inspire you with in days to come.

But for the moment, my friend brought to my attention the challenge going on over on Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge Blog where the theme is ADDING TEXTURE.
I had this image laying on my worktable and actually a card 'started' so with a few additions and a bit of 'tweaking' ... I'm pleased to say I was able to get this card created on time to join in the fun.


AND, the nice thing is ... I now have another MASCULINE birthday card to add to my stash!
You can never have enough guy cards on hand ... since they seem to be the most difficult to create!

The sailboat image was found online and I've added texture by using the Darice Cloudy Sky embossing folder as well as a couple of panels cut from a 6x6 sheet of  DCWV Burlap paper.  All items used will be listed at the end of this post.

Challenges:
Kitty Bee Designs Challenge #53 - Ocean/Water Animals (sea gulls)
Seize the Birthday Challenge - Embossing (+birthday)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Well ... I'd better get busy ... so much to do, so little time to get it done!
Time sure flies when you're having fun!!!   LOL!!!
As always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Teal cs, DCWV Burlap design paper
Image:  Online
Ink:  Tim Holtz 'Antique Linen', Ranger Adirondack 'Snow Cap'
Dies:  Impression Obsession 'Sea Birds', Poppystamps 'Classic Ribbons'
Accessories:  Large sponge daubers, SU dimensionals, the Paper Studio teal brads, Darice 'cloudy sky' embossing folder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.