Thursday, August 20, 2015

Winter is Coming!

Hello Friends!
My goodness but it's been a bit crazy around here the past few months and my mojo is 'lacking' to say the least!  BUT ... I did find time (and enough mojo) to create a winter scene card that will go in my holiday card collection.  Whether for sale or for my own use, I enjoyed creating it and am very happy with the outcome.


It's so quick and easy to create a winter scene with all the amazing new die cuts available.  One of my all time favorite die cut companies is Memory Box.  Their dies always seem to be more along 'my style' and I love all the outdoor images they have available.  
Have you seen they now have a challenge to play along in?
Check it out ...

Challenge icons

Now about my card creation . . .
  

By using my new Memory Box 'Distressed Holiday Collage' corner die,
it gave me the feel of snowflakes but yet left me room on the
opposite side of my panel for more 'sky' space where
I could create small snowflakes in my scene with a white
Gelly Roll pen.

My 'original' card only had one bird in the trees but after photographing it
I didn't like how it looked so went back through my
dies and located my Memory Box 'Contempo Birds' die which
has a variety of different size birds and
added a few friends for my lonely single bird ... BETTER!!

Since my original bird was glued down I simply popped a bird facing the 
other direction up in front of him and added a few
friends on other branches ... I'm much happier with this version. 
 What do you think?
      

I love how you can create a snowy ground cover by simply tearing an 'off cut' from your white card base card stock.
Quick ... Easy ... Perfect!

OH!  And did you notice I CUT my Memory Box 'Deer in the Trees' frame?
I didn't like the positioning of the frame on my A6 card background so simply gave it a quik cut in order to have the trees LOWER on my scene.    You probably wouldn't have even noticed that if I hadn't pointed it out!  

Other challenges to share in:
Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #111 - Dies Cuts or Punches

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I've been dealing lately with some vertigo issues but today seems to be a better 'health' day so I'm going to get busy crafting while I can!  LOL
Have a great day!
As always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Hunter Green cs, Medium Blue cs, Red cs
Dies:  Memory Box 'Distressed Holiday Collage #30063, Memory Box 'Simple Evergreen Frame' #99243, Memory Box 'Deer in the Trees' #99275, Memory Box 'Contempo Birds' #30017
Accessories:  White Gelly Roll pen, dimensional tape,    
Technique:  Torn paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.