Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sisterhood of Crafters - Christmas

Hello Friends!
It's time for a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters
and our theme today is
"It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas"
(Any project pertaining to Christmas)

Here's what I came up with and if you need more inspiration,
by all means pop over to check out what my 'sistahs' have created!!

Once again I have created my own background paper but this time I did it with scrap cut offs from 2 different holiday design papers I used while creating some holiday tissue box covers for an upcoming craft show.

I actually had enough scraps to make two 4x6 panels ... here's a photo of the panel I still have in my stash to use.  (lol ... I didn't think to take a photo of the one I did use! )

Creating these background panels from your scraps is such a great way to use up those mountain of scraps we all have in our crafting studios and very simple to do!
With the panels I had left from the tissue box covers, I simply cut them into 1 1/2" and 1" strips.  Next I took a piece of white card stock (4x6) and started adhering them at an angle from one corner to the other alternating the patterns.  You can do this with as many different panels as you want ... it just happened I had these two in front of me!
Give it a try ... 
I have several made using the same 'color palette' 
and stored in a clear box for when I need a quick card.

I hope you'll come join in our CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE fun!

Challenges to share in:
Inspiration Destination Challenge - Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge - Anything Goes (dies carried at Scrapy Land)
 The Crafty Addicts Challenge - Use Die Cuts
Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Fall Colors or Christmas
Card and Scrap Challenge - Christmas
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - ATG using patterned paper

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a FABULOUS day!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Red cs, DCWV dp
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Celtic Fire Rectangle Frame' #DL125 (I used the inside circle die for under my poinsettia), Cheery Lynn Designs 'Polynesian Sails Oval' #DL153, Spellbinder Poinsettia
Accessories:  Gold Stickles, Heartfelt Creations Gold Prill, Red Zig fine tip marker for faux stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.