Saturday, January 14, 2017

Dies R Us Inspiration - Pretty Pink Posies

Hello All!
Today I'm sharing a creation that I hope will inspire you and lift your spirits.
Even though we are still in the early months of winter, if you're anything like me,
spring can't come soon enough!  LOL
So today I've created a card with those pretty springtime flowers in mind.


I wasn't really sure where I was going with my design when I first starting this card but as soon as I die cut this beautiful Memory Box Delicate Flower Frame, I knew I wanted to create a birthday card for a friend who has a birthday coming up at months end.  She likes pink & purple ... hence today's color combination.

Here are a couple of tips I used on today's creation.

When using a die such as this sweet Memory Box Blushing Bouquet, you have the opportunity so give the flowers of the die some color before removing it from the die itself ... as I have done today.


 Another thing to remember is when you're using an ink color on the focus of your creation is that you can then coordinate your sentiment or embellishments to match by simply coloring a piece of scrap white card stock before die cutting those elements as I have done with my Cheery Lynn Designs Pretty Pretty Bows die or to sponge on the color once you've die cut from white card stock as I did here with the Tutti Designs Happy and Birthday dies for my sentiment.

To be totally honest, I couldn't decide if I wanted to use white words or colored words!  At one point, I almost stacked the smaller colored word on top of the white larger word but then decided that was going a bit 'overboard'!  LOL

A few pretty sequins for the flower centers and this card is ready to mail.

Here's a recap of the dies I've used on today's project. 
All are available at the Dies R Us Store.

Cheery Lynn Designs - Pretty Pretty Bows (Set of 2)Memory Box - Dies - Delicate Flower FrameMemory Box - Dies - Blushing Bouquet
Tutti Designs - Word Set - Birthday
Tutti Designs - Word Set - Happy

Remember, each an every day of the month there's a new inspiration sample shared on the blog by this fabulous design team.  Please be sure to pop in regularly.

Challenges to share in:
 Brown Sugar Challenge #233 - Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends Challenge #34 - Anything Goes
Creative Corner Challenges - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge #122 - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack Challenge #171 - Anything Goes

And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below. 
click below for:

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.