Thursday, March 16, 2017

Embossed Roses

Happy Thursday Everyone!
Last weekend there was a big Craft Event on the Home Shopping Network
and even though I rarely tune in ... I was prompted by a good friend to
check it out!  There was one particular item that she thought I might NEED
but I contained myself and didn't place the order.
HOWEVER . . .
during one of my periodic 'tune ins' throughout the day
I stumbled upon Anna Griffin showcasing some of her new
5x7 embossing folders.  OMG are they GORGEOUS!
So of course I just HAD to order them and they showed up at my door
yesterday!  YAY!   I just had to make a quick card to see how they embossed.

Anna Griffin Cuttlebug Decorative Scenes 4-piece Folder Set ........ Item 528-926
Cost was $19.95 + shipping and tax
Here's what I made . . .


They were a set of FOUR for under $20 ... WHAT???   How could I resist!!
Here are the other three patterns . . . (click on image to enlarge)
 OMG ... they are gorgeous!
(oh great!  now I'm repeating myself!  lol)
These will make for some QUICK and BEAUTIFUL cards!  

For my card I embossed the panel on white card stock then sponged the upper portion with Tim Holtz 'picked raspberries' distress ink.   For the other samples I die cut from different colors of card stock then sponged white craft ink over top.

I knew I wanted to create something that would be great for my spring craft show and I didn't want to hide too much of the pattern.  So, I went 'in search of ' a challenge and spotted the current Word Art Wednesday Challenge where this beautiful sentiment is a freebie!   PERFECT!

I've used the Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Rectangles' to die cut my sentiment ... added pink gingham ribbon from a Really Reasonable Ribbon pack ... made a bow using my Craft-Dee Bowz bow making tool ... sponged a precut Heartfelt Creations embossed flower with the same TH ink and
VIOLA!
Card Complete!

Challenges to share in:
Craft-Dee Bowz March Challenge - ATG w/handmade bow
Use Your Stuff Challenge - Dry Embossing
Crop Stop March Blog Challenge - ATG w/product they carry

Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you a FABULOUS day ahead!!

As Always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.