Thursday, March 16, 2017

Embossed Roses

Happy Thursday Everyone!
Last weekend there was a big Craft Event on the Home Shopping Network
and even though I rarely tune in ... I was prompted by a good friend to
check it out!  There was one particular item that she thought I might NEED
but I contained myself and didn't place the order.
HOWEVER . . .
during one of my periodic 'tune ins' throughout the day
I stumbled upon Anna Griffin showcasing some of her new
5x7 embossing folders.  OMG are they GORGEOUS!
So of course I just HAD to order them and they showed up at my door
yesterday!  YAY!   I just had to make a quick card to see how they embossed.

Anna Griffin Cuttlebug Decorative Scenes 4-piece Folder Set ........ Item 528-926
Cost was $19.95 + shipping and tax
Here's what I made . . .


They were a set of FOUR for under $20 ... WHAT???   How could I resist!!
Here are the other three patterns . . . (click on image to enlarge)
 OMG ... they are gorgeous!
(oh great!  now I'm repeating myself!  lol)
These will make for some QUICK and BEAUTIFUL cards!  

For my card I embossed the panel on white card stock then sponged the upper portion with Tim Holtz 'picked raspberries' distress ink.   For the other samples I die cut from different colors of card stock then sponged white craft ink over top.

I knew I wanted to create something that would be great for my spring craft show and I didn't want to hide too much of the pattern.  So, I went 'in search of ' a challenge and spotted the current Word Art Wednesday Challenge where this beautiful sentiment is a freebie!   PERFECT!

I've used the Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Rectangles' to die cut my sentiment ... added pink gingham ribbon from a Really Reasonable Ribbon pack ... made a bow using my Craft-Dee Bowz bow making tool ... sponged a precut Heartfelt Creations embossed flower with the same TH ink and
VIOLA!
Card Complete!

Challenges to share in:
Craft-Dee Bowz March Challenge - ATG w/handmade bow
Use Your Stuff Challenge - Dry Embossing
Crop Stop March Blog Challenge - ATG w/product they carry

Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you a FABULOUS day ahead!!

As Always . . .


16 comments:

  1. Oh wow, beautiful card and these folders are gorgeous like you said! How did I miss them, but maybe cuz I have about 100 Eb folders..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Anna Griffin embossing folders and love how you showcased them in your gorgeous card!
    I'd love for you to link up to the Cropstop challenge where anything goes as long as you use products from companies they carry in the store (you did).
    You can check it out here: http://www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/march-challenge-link-party-26/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What???? OMG those folders are so gorgeous! I love the idea of colored card stock sponged with white. I can't believe the beautiful effect you got by sponging the one with Picked Raspberry, either. I would have a real hard time covering up any smidgen of those folders. I have two Anna Griffin folders and hardly use them just for that reason. You have so much fun with your crafty stuff. You're constantly inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The folders are gorgeous and your card is fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! She does have some beautiful products! And you certainly have made a beautiful card with them! I can not watch that channel, I think I would order everything....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Darlene! love that sentiment and cute bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking your lovely card to CropStop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!! Thanks for playing along at *USE YOUR STUFF*!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pink card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaah, what a great job! I love that you've left so much of the embossed image visible. The pink and white adds such a lovely feel to the inspiring message. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always tape the shows and watch them for ideas, I have bought a few things in the past but haven't bought anything from the last showing. These are gorgeous and I just love what you have done with this one, lovely colors and perfect for this verse! Love your flower and bow combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Darlene! Your card is really beautiful and so nice to see you have used the WAW scripture! I love the AG folders too! Thanks for joining in and sharing your art with us at word Art Wednesday! Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card and a gorgeous embossing folder! I can see why you NEEDED them! (smile). Thanks so much for sharing your card with PIP Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wise shopper and great card maker - winning combination. Love the card and sentiment> happy you joined us on the PIP challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card. I see why you had to have the folders. Thanks for joining us at UYS

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card . So elegant and pretty
    Thanks for joining us at Craftdeebowz and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene