Monday, March 13, 2017

One for the Boys . . .

Happy Monday All!
Today I've created a card using the sketch challenge at the Mojo Monday Challenge Blog and since I'm in need of some 'GUY' birthday cards that was my theme of choice.


Here's a peek at their sketch and here's what I've come up with . . .


INSIDE

Masculine cards are always more difficult to create than for the ladies but with the help of today's sketch, this one came together quite easily.  Pretty much a no fuss or muss card ... just what the guys like ... something with wheels that makes noise!  LOL

The motorcycle stamp is by Stampendous and my inside sentiment stamp is from Stamp Simply.  I've used the Cuttlebug 'Diamond Plate' embossing folder for both the front banner and the inside panel.  Other dies used today are the Sue Wilson Frames & Tags Stitched Flags #CED4317 and the Frantic Stamper 'Gear Collage' #DIE-09041.  A touch of Tim Holtz 'Stormy Sky' distress ink was used around the edges of my stamped image for color without another layer of matting.

Challenges to share in:
Use Your Stuff Challenge #255 - Dry Embossing (machine or hand)
A Gem of a Challenge #189 - Use 3 B's (Blue, Bike, Banner)
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #109 - Heidi's Color Inspiration

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Not sure what the weather is in your area but they are calling for an accumulation of snow here in NE Ohio over the next few days!  That means you will find me hiding in my crafting cave playing with ink, stamps & dies! LOL

As always . . .


19 comments:

  1. Darlene, I totally agree...........the guys will love this card. Lots of interest in the front and the inside. I know a few ladies that ride and they would love a card like this as well. You have also used the Challenge colors beautifully! Great job, and Thank You for sharing your card with us on Watercooler Wednesday and the Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your motorcycle card, Darlene! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool cards, Darlene! I really like both of them, and I'm sure the men that receive them will too!
    Have I not even visited you in March? Your blog header is fabulous! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card. The inside would be just as good for the outside as a card. Love the chrome look. Very masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cool masculine cards! I may have to lift these great ideas. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking card, Darlene. Love the combinations of textures and that motorcycle stamp is terrific. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! Masculine cards are so difficult for me! I love the embossing on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card for the male species..lol...and I love the inside, what a fun surprise when you open it, you know how I struggle with these, and you always nail them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has to be the BEST Masculine card ever! Love that motorcycle and the texture on the inside is perfect! What an awesome design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Fabulous guy card! You're right -- something with wheels that makes noise. Too funny! Love the gears, and look how you aced that color challenge, too. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH WOW!! LOVE the colors on this and the texture!! Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at UYS, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really striking! I have that embossing folder too and it is perfect for masculine cards to make 'chrome' :) Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again!
    Tammy DT co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card Darlene! Thanks for joining us at UYS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always looking for some 'male' inspiration! I have a 'love of my life Mark' too, by the way!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous masculine card!! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the perfect masculine card, I do agree they are so much harder than girl cards, I love that embossing folder with any vehicle cards :) You did a fantastic job with the embellishing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darlene, love your male card - the colors and design. Well done :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic use of the embossing folder. The metal accents are great on your masculine card. Thanks for joining us at UYS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene